• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 or Fantastic Four 3

AF15 or FF3  

267 members have voted

1. 1. AF15 or FF3

30 posts in this topic

Ask someone who knows comic books and ask them to name the most iconic covers that come to mind, I could not fathom FF#3, nice book, but the first appearance of Spider-Man merits a more worthy opponent, like Action #1 Tec 27 Etc

AF15, no contest imo. You should expand the thread a bit. Maybe grab 19 other iconic covers and have us vote?

Jerome

And in the end Silver Surfer #4 will win.

I picked AF 15 without looking knowing what FF #3 cover looked like. Then again, I'm a Spidey fan lol

Why the random question Hibou?

This thread sort of started in another where I asked what Silver Age book is above all others... I was informed that a poll had been done just a short time earlier and AF15 was selected by a wide margin.

So with that I started wondering if AF15 was Marvels first cover-featured costumed hero of the Silver Age. (1962)

As it turns out FF3, where they get their familiar costumes, came out a few months before AF15.

And that's my long winded answer as to why the poll.

And then there's TTA35... which came out just a few months after AF15. hm

The AF15 isn't my favorite cover, and the FF3 isn't bad either. You asked which we liked better, I still would say AF15 because it represents Spider-Man, so that pushes it up more.

Lots of books and landmarks came before AF15 and the SA beginning etc. As for costumed SA Marvel characters, Fantastic Four was the one of the first, and Spider-Man is the best. Regards,