• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 32

173 posts in this topic

I believe I had 55 points.....one bullseye, one .2 off, two .5 off.

Shark

Giant-Size MOKF #3 OW-W CGC 9.6

Green Lantern Green Arrow #78 OW-W CGC 8.5

Incredible Hulk #118 Cr-OW CGC 7.0

Iron Man #39 OW CGC 9.0

DiceX

Giant-Size MOKF #3 OW-W = 9.6

Green Lantern Green Arrow #78 OW-W = 8.0

Incredible Hulk #123 Cr-OW = 7.5

Iron Man #39 OW = 9.0

90 points seems to be my sweet spot. hm

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

DiceX

Iron Man #39 OW = 9.0

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

:o(worship)

Team SCKAO Round of 32

Giant-Size MOKF #3 OW-W 9.4

Green Lantern Green Arrow #78 OW-W 8.0

Incredible Hulk #118 Cr-OW 1/4" spine split and piece torn off LRBC corner. 7.5

Iron Man #39 OW 9.4

Looks like only 75 points. May not be enough against Canickus. :(

DiceX

Iron Man #39 OW = 9.0

Well played (worship)

Only 70 points here :sorry:

DiceX

Iron Man #39 OW = 9.0

Well played (worship)

Only 70 points here :sorry:

You guys are making me work too hard.

It's a shame you don't move on with 70 points. That's an impressive score. (worship)

It's also a shame all you other left in my bracket won't be moving on. :devil:

Giant-Size MOKF #3 OW-W GRADE 9.6 20pts

Green Lantern Green Arrow #78 OW-W GRADE 9.0 5pts

Incredible Hulk #118 Cr-OW GRADE 8.0 10pts

Iron Man #39 OW GRADE 8.5 7pts

42pts

REALLY REALLY, the IM was a better grade than the GL/GA. REALLY REALLY, GL/GA was only an 8.0. I still have a lot to learn, I just can't get a handle on this "spoon."

holy "spoon" this was hard.

GL Grinin.

I really don't know yet whether I'm moving on or not. But now that it's fresh in my mind again, I'd like to bring something up. We can maybe continue with the existing format for this contest, but it seems unfair to me that guesses .2 off get 15 points while guesses .5 off only get 10 points.

Example: Let's say a book that's posted ends up an 8.5. If you nailed it, great, you get 20 points. But if you didn't nail it, your only options below and above that number are 8.0 and 9.0 or .5 off. So in this case you can only get 20 points, 10 points or less.

Now let's say we have a book posted that ends up a 9.2. Again, if you nail it you get 20 points. But the guesses below and above that are 9.0 and 9.4 or .2 off. In this case you can get 20 points, 15 points (for the 9.0 or 9.4), 10 points (but only if you guessed 9.6) or less.

In the first scenario, you only get 10 points for being one grade off. But in the second scenario you get 15 points for being one grade off. See my point?

I never tought a book with a spine split and a piece missing could get a 7.5

Me too. I tought a 1/4" spine split is not allowed at books beginning at 7.0. Looks like the Overstreet Grading guide is a waste of money...

Got faked out by that Hulk too, but I have a feeling a lot of others probably did as well. I'm more disappointed in my botching of the Iron Man 39...my ceiling on that was a 9.0, but kicked it down to an 8.5 at the end. I have to get over my hatred of color-breaking corner creasing if I somehow win ugly here.