• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a book nobody else on this forum owns....

298 posts in this topic

Don't have a photo, but, according to Wiki, WOR's breakfast guy in 1949 (they look like breakfast things on the table in the "better" pic) was John B. Gambling , part of a radio dynasty of announcers.

Ring any bells?

This is the only picture I could find of Mr. Grambling, and I don't see the resemblance. Any New Yorkers out there with any ideas? I wonder how common of an occurance this was to promote a comic on the radio? And what are the chances any of these broadcasts got preserved?

Johnbgamblingwor.jpg

Someone on the boards could have this one, but I haven't run across another Jungle Comics 11.....

d2bb232a.jpg

I've got a copy of this book, but I can't find the scan. :pullhair:

Same here.

Since we've been posting some Canadian GA books, I'll chime in a bit.

I've been lucky enough to have been able to add quite a few to my collection over the years. Here are a couple...I really don't think there are many left around at all (not that that means anything really ;) )...

TERIFFICaDV10cdn.jpg

WesternFighters10CDN-1.jpg

i have no offbeat rarities. the only book of mine that i can't recall another person posting is below, but i'm sure there are several owned by boardies. hell, jon probably has the original art for the cover!

scoop2.jpg

adamstrange has a beautiful copy of that book.

i have no offbeat rarities. the only book of mine that i can't recall another person posting is below, but i'm sure there are several owned by boardies. hell, jon probably has the original art for the cover!

scoop2.jpg

adamstrange has a beautiful copy of EVERY book.

Fixed that for you. (tsk)