• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a book nobody else on this forum owns....

298 posts in this topic

I picked this up a few years back when I was completing the run...1,2,3

I know 1 & 2 are easy to locate due to warehouse finds but I can't remember ever seeing an issue of #3 even on Ebay. This one was sold by a big name dealer and he had it listed as a 9.2, once I got it in hand and saw the spine split at the bottom I knew it had no chance at that grade but I still wanted an example so I kept it. It doesn't hurt that it's a crippen "D" copy (thumbs u

CGC graded it an 8.0...I don't have a scan of the book in the holder but there are no other graded copies in the census

544a.jpg

(worship)

I've been looking for a filler copy of that one for almost a decade. I doubted it existed until that one showed up in the initial Heritage Crippen auctions. Any chance you took some interior pictures of it? or noted the contents?

I picked this up a few years back when I was completing the run...1,2,3

I know 1 & 2 are easy to locate due to warehouse finds but I can't remember ever seeing an issue of #3 even on Ebay. This one was sold by a big name dealer and he had it listed as a 9.2, once I got it in hand and saw the spine split at the bottom I knew it had no chance at that grade but I still wanted an example so I kept it. It doesn't hurt that it's a crippen "D" copy (thumbs u

CGC graded it an 8.0...I don't have a scan of the book in the holder but there are no other graded copies in the census

544a.jpg

(worship)

I've been looking for a filler copy of that one for almost a decade. I doubted it existed until that one showed up in the initial Heritage Crippen auctions. Any chance you took some interior pictures of it? or noted the contents?

No I am not that smart nor did I think the book was rare when I initially purchased it off Ebay...I felt like I overpaid at the time especially since the guide value on this book are cheap but as is the case with many funny books....you could never get them for anywhere close to guide (thumbs u I have been looking for another copy for at least 2 years and I haven't seen one and considering how many books pop up on Ebay I am very surprised. I guess I should just be happy with this copy :cloud9: I have 2 copies of #2 and 1 copy of #1 to go along with it...

Great WW2 book of political cartoons. The title character follows Tojo around with the Hara-Kiri sword, always asking "Now?"

manningfront.jpg

British "comic books" from WW1 -- undated, but pre-1917, I believe.

ww1cartoons1.jpg

ww1cartoons2.jpg

Reuben Awards program from 1965 with fold-out cover.

ykfc.jpg

ykbc.jpg

More...

110934.jpg

any more info on this one? it would look great with my Elsies.

Produced by Tadlock & Associates of Minneapolis in 1954 for Dairy Farmers of America, members of the American Dairy Association. Slightly smaller than normal comic. 16 pages, self-covered, full color.

Center

Of

World

111037.jpg.e6404fd81fe099b57c5a0e15e02bfa9e.jpg

111038.jpg.30cfcdd8c6708008624cfcd7a2d52d31.jpg

111039.jpg.aa261e2814fb94bebdf841b85f52fe09.jpg

111040.jpg.e842098b4ade25872199fe2afe33aac9.jpg

Produced by Tadlock & Associates of Minneapolis in 1954 for Dairy Farmers of America, members of the American Dairy Association. Slightly smaller than normal comic. 16 pages, self-covered, full color.

Center

Of

World

Thank you! And you added another Elsie to my want list as well

I don't recall seeing either of these

Misc%20-%20Tops%20A.JPG

:o

Who's that in the photo reading the TOPS?

That's Biro on the left and an unknown radio announcer on the right. I got them from his estate a few years back. I think I ID'd the announcer at one point, but don't remember it now doh!

I don't recall seeing either of these

Misc%20-%20Tops%20A.JPG

:o

Who's that in the photo reading the TOPS?

That's Biro on the left and an unknown radio announcer on the right. I got them from his estate a few years back. I think I ID'd the announcer at one point, but don't remember it now doh!

Don't have a photo, but, according to Wiki, WOR's breakfast guy in 1949 (they look like breakfast things on the table in the "better" pic) was John B. Gambling , part of a radio dynasty of announcers.

Ring any bells?

Don't own either of these but I know someone does.

Found the first one in 1978 via a xerox from a long time Phantom Lady fan from Erie, PA (Bill Popatak?) and the other on the boards.

Canadian reprints; got to love them!

terrificadvs13.JPG

gallant19.jpg