• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Registry Awards

424 posts in this topic

Man some really nice sets out there in the Copper Age! I was hoping my GI Joe set might have a chance but I need to pick up a few of those elusive 2nd prints... And I have about 15 out getting the CGC SS treatment - which would bring the total to about 30 or so.

sig.jpg

Man some really nice sets out there in the Copper Age! I was hoping my GI Joe set might have a chance but I need to pick up a few of those elusive 2nd prints... And I have about 15 out getting the CGC SS treatment - which would bring the total to about 30 or so.

sig.jpg

:o

That really is an impressive registry of G.I. Joe goodness.

(worship)

sig.jpg

:o Well, you get a certificate for sure!

Here are my votes for achievement in comic collecting:

-rube11

-sufunk

Both of these guys constantly show off amazing new purchases. They should definitely qualify! (worship)

I think Doc Joe has a good shot.

Looks like I've got some descriptions to update and some books to submit. I completely spaced that these awards are right around the corner.

While it still won't be complete this year, my TMNT set will be much closer and I'm hoping to have a book in every one of the 80+ slots by 2012's awards. :wishluck:

I'm just happy that Copper and modern have been separated. There are a lot of nice registry sets in both areas and it'll be nice to spotlight more.

Thanks guys. But, my set intro and descriptions will have to be radically changed if I want to compete(less Wiki, more Jerel). I have alot of everything thing done from before, but after the way my father died(I gave him my cold which led to his pneumonia- a similar guilt L&K character Tyler faces about his deceased father throughout the series), everything changes now. Sure, it connects me more to the series more than ever(I read KTTK #5 after getting home from the hospital while still in shock), but I don't think I'm ready to open up on here yet, in order to win a prize, if I wanted to keep everything personal why I love and slightly hate(now) this title. I might have to pass this year and go for "Best Set in Type". :(

If anything, I will try to finish up an all-new poignant intro about my love for this title.

I really wanted to win Best Presentation(or Best Modern) last year and found myself broken hearted when I didn't. I spent a few months later, trying to fix what I did wrong and then I realized I collect for me and that's all that matters. I'll win an award when I'm ready and actually deserve one.

:cloud9:

With the way you encourage other collectors by sending gifts out, I think you won an award many times over for BEST BOARDIE!

(worship)

If whatever I sent to anyone brightened up their day in the slightest. That's enough of an award for me. :cloud9:

Everyone needs that feeling of community on here. The knowledge of knowing someone cares. That's gonna be me. Everytime.

I wish this kind of thinking could spread more throughout here.

I really wanted to win Best Presentation(or Best Modern) last year and found myself broken hearted when I didn't. I spent a few months later, trying to fix what I did wrong and then I realized I collect for me and that's all that matters. I'll win an award when I'm ready and actually deserve one.

:cloud9:

With the way you encourage other collectors by sending gifts out, I think you won an award many times over for BEST BOARDIE!

(worship)

If whatever I sent to anyone brightened up their day in the slightest. That's enough of an award for me. :cloud9:

Everyone needs that feeling of community on here. The knowledge of knowing someone cares. That's gonna be me. Everytime.

:applause:

You are definitely a selfish no-good. :sumo:

:baiting:

I have personally benefited a few times from a surprise Jerel book gift. One of the best examples of a kind soul.

(worship)

There are two types of awards - the first is the "Best in Set Type"-award which is handed to whomever has the number 1 slot in any given set. It doesn't matter how many books you have in the set, whether the set has been completed or how the set is presented - it's all based on points. If your set is in the #1 spot when the Registry awards deadline rolls around, it automatically wins this award & you get a nice little certificate in the mail from CGC.

I was #1 in the Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) set last year and have the 10' ribbon by my name but never got a certificate in the mail. :cry:

Here are the two sets that I am hoping to keep #1 in :wishluck:

Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

True Blood