• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Registry Awards

424 posts in this topic

That has been my experience! (thumbs u

You mean in the signature block reflecting you added books or pictures? If so, I've had that same experience.

Yep! (thumbs u

I know it can take a day or so to update the Registry banner what we use in our signature lines. What I was originally referring to is the Comics Set Detail on the registry where it shows the date when books/slots were updated on the set.

:luhv:

It is a shame CGC doesn't do limited sets and on-going sets as an award category. Trying to compare my Crow and Hellboy sets to something like a long run of Amazing Spider-Man or other major characters can be tough.

:gossip: But at least I still own the books.

It is a shame CGC doesn't do limited sets and on-going sets as an award category. Trying to compare my Crow and Hellboy sets to something like a long run of Amazing Spider-Man or other major characters can be tough.

It certainly is an uphill battle. rantrant

It certainly is an uphill battle. rantrant
Agreed

I agree, but I don't think it should get too complicated. Yeah, more people would get awards, but I feel like there wouldn't be AS much of a sense of accomplishment if you add too many awards.

I like the idea of limited/ongoing, but nothing more (thumbs u

I agree with that sentiment. There shouldn't be too many award categories, but beyond adding limited/ongoing set awards and with the inclusion of a Copper Age, I think that pretty much covers all the bases

Well, I see the daylight in my dial-up picture uploading nightmare. All my gallery photos are complete now, right down to the the bonus books(the Creepshow 9.6 looks beautiful in the L&K: COS #6 reverse slot). Now, I start my Stephen Kingish rambling on why they are there. lol

I wanna say depite taking multiple pics of each of these books, I'm having so much fun sharing my collection with my viewers. I wanted to make sure everyone could properly enjoy the pics, so they could get a better 'feel' of them through photographs. The slabs feel thicker, the books feel more supple and the colors are more vivid.

After there was some mentioning of "cut and paste from Wiki" last year, I decided to completely overhaul my intro. It doesn't get more personal than this.

The "new" L&K intro.

It nice to remember things when you were a kid.

Enjoy. :)

HOLY!

I like your registry set "summary." Sure you didn't copy this from an encyclopedia?

(:

After there was some mentioning of "cut and paste from Wiki" last year, I decided to completely overhaul my intro. It doesn't get more personal than this.

The "new" L&K intro.

It nice to remember things when you were a kid.

Enjoy. :)

HOLY!

I like your registry set "summary." Sure you didn't copy this from an encyclopedia?

(:

Busted!

It was from The Encyclopedia of Jerel's Comic Obsession. :acclaim:

My descriptions were longer in my journals, but I wanted the pictures to do the "talking" instead of spoiling the book's suspense-ful plot twists. I just have a few more descriptions to finish(probably 15 or so) and I'll be done.