• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nonplayer #1 by Image

153 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one is discussing this. It has been sold out at Diamond since the final order date. They even did a 50% overprint for re orders and that has been sold out for weeks. Copies are selling for $15-22 bucks on ebay. beautiful art, cool story. Anyone get any?

There were about 15 on the shelf at my LCS. There were also about 15 words in the entire book by my estimation. I like pictures as much as the next nerd, but there has to be some words as well. I passed.

There were about 15 on the shelf at my LCS. There were also about 15 words in the entire book by my estimation. I like pictures as much as the next nerd, but there has to be some words as well. I passed.

+1- my LCS had about 10, probably their entire order.

Because my LCS sold out, I went to a comic shop that is not local to me looking for Nonplayer. I had visiting this story before and knew it to be cool enough though it's one of those places where you have to turn sideways to maneuver the piles. My partner was with me and we both spent hours looking at the shelves and floor. There was so many books and variants of books, you literally had to move piles to find things. I was happy to pick out books that would be long gone at a high traffic location. I snagged two copies of Nonplayer and two copies of Green Wake. I handed the shop owner the books for purchase and he went through the time consuming task of writing down each title, issue number, date and cover price. I didn't mind too much, he had the books I was looking for. Here's something interesting though, as he got to Nonplayer and Green Wake, he hesitates..."Is this a copy for each of you?" I said, "Yes," while giving him a puzzled look. He explained that he didn't like speculators and he couldn't re-order either title because they were sold out so since I was purchasing duplicate copies he wanted to be sure I wanted them for my collection and not to resale somewhere else. I just smiled and paid the man. As we walked out of the shop, I said, "You know that's . I'm not a speculator but I heard really good things about both titles. Nowhere in his cluttered shop is there a sign that says '1 per customer.' What's his deal?" My partner turned to me and said, "You've seen his shop, the guy is a hoarder and he's trying to control what happens to the books even after they are sold."

I just finished reading Nonplayer. WOW! The art is fantastic and I like the -script.