• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Stevens

67 posts in this topic

Royd,

I'll check with Chris and get back to you (unless someone else replies first) although he doesn't attend many conventions. However, he does attend Heroes Con every year if that's one which you also attend?

Actually, Heroes Con IS a show I plan on attending this year! So if you could let me know, that would be fantastic! LD

Thanks for your time,

casl

Hi Carlos,

Good to hear that you intend to be at Heroes Con where you'll be able to catch up with Chris in person! Chris replied to my query regarding con sketches at Heroes Con saying that, while he hadn't settled on pricing for sketches, he would:

"...probably do the same thing as last year and do sketches in my sketchbooks. I'll probably do $20 sketches in my books for a total of $35 for the book with a sketch."

Please note that this is the probable pricing for the sketches. He added that he hoped to do more finished sketches this time around. You can see some examples here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=714983&GSub=84267

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=704889&GSub=107255

You could also talk to him in person about a more finished piece or even a commission and see what he says :) Warm regards,

Royd

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

Damn I need chris to come over to the west coast! I have a con project where I get artists to draw their favorite female character in headshot in a square on a 2 foot by 3 foot art board. Some of you may have seen me lugging this thing around San Diego or or wondercon. So far I have 30 artists, need 38 more and Chris has a spot on the board that needs filling!

Hey Tyler,

Unfortunately, Chris does not like travelling long distances and (so far) only attends con in close proximity to where he resides (eg. Heroes Con). Sorry about that mate :(

He nearly made it out to SDCC one year but decided against it because of his distaste for long trips. Best,

Royd

Damn I need chris to come over to the west coast! I have a con project where I get artists to draw their favorite female character in headshot in a square on a 2 foot by 3 foot art board. Some of you may have seen me lugging this thing around San Diego or or wondercon. So far I have 30 artists, need 38 more and Chris has a spot on the board that needs filling!

Wow, I was just looking at that Colossus vs. Juggernaut commission, and I think I need to get in line.

Someone has a cool looking Mr. Terrific on CAF as well.

Gotta go Nova for me to get my New Warriors kick.

Hey Tyler,

Unfortunately, Chris does not like travelling long distances and (so far) only attends con in close proximity to where he resides (eg. Heroes Con). Sorry about that mate :(

He nearly made it out to SDCC one year but decided against it because of his distaste for long trips. Best,

Royd

What a lame excuse. Tell Chris that he's a wus. ;)

Haha, I'll quote you on that one Ken ;-) Best,

Royd

Hey Tyler,

Royd

What a lame excuse. Tell Chris that he's a wus. ;)

i've done this on the east coast twice. those 2x3 foot boards can get heavy.

A commission with Chris is one of the best experiences in the Commission game. He is up front with wait times and communicates very well. Once he starts a piece it is done rather quickly. I have commissioned him 3 times (in my CAF gallery) and each time it was a perfect experience. I hope to commission something from him again in the future, especially if he starts doing full color pieces ala the Doc Strange piece.

I contacted him at the beginning of the week. Im on the list. He told me its a long wait..lol

Congrats on the piece!

I got on the list right after Jeremy did...so I am :wishluck: hopefully close.