• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

Oh and don't forget Snoop Dogg as Diablo, Master of Alchemy, George Clinton as the Watcher, Missy Elliot as Alicia Masters, and Diana Ross as Agatha Harkness.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I feel like I'm casting the Wiz here.....

Jim

A comedy would be just brutal and I can't imagine that after the success of the X-men and Spiderman they would go this route. Sounds like a rumour made up by some DC fan. Have to keep to the original story lines and character makeup.There is just no need to tweek this at all. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

But it may end up being a comedy unintentionally... devil.gif

maybe it was intended as an April Fools joke.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

"Victor Van Damn is the Vain Megalomaniac European Businessman who runs VANDAMN INDUSTRIES"

And I bet his brother is Jean-Claude?

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

"At page 65, The Thing meets blind tough Goth chick ALICIA MASTERS (28) in O’Donnel’s Pub."

"Doom’s origins are very faithful to the comics. The only thing different with the film is that Victor Van Damn’s castle isn’t in Europe but in the Adirondack mountains in upstate New York."

And the kicker:

"I never read the Fantastic Four Comics, but followed the cartoon from the late sixties on the BAM channel."

Ah, in light of all the "it stays faithful to the comics" comments, this one is a real head-scratcher. 893whatthe.gif

Have to wonder about this one because what possible logic could there be for calling him Victor Van Damn. Stick to the original stuff. sumo.gif Its almost insulting to Stan Lee to make such pointless changes. Why don't they call him Dr. Damn. tonofbricks.gif

You'd think they learn from their mistakes. A bad mask for the Green Goblin, and for Magneto an actor who looks like he is pushing 70.

let just hope and keep our 893crossfingers-thumb.gif that they won't stooges.gif with the source material too much.The next big step is who will they cast MEGA-Star names or no-names for the main characters? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.. "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME" and "FLAME ON" until it's on the big silverscreen...... popcorn.gif

Here's director Tim Story's impressive film history as director...

Taxi (2004) (post-production)

Barbershop (2002)

Firing Squad, The (1999)

One of Us Tripped (1997)

Oh joy!

Somebody pinch me and tell me it isn't a dream!

(In case it doesn't translate well...that was sarcasm.)

and for Magneto an actor who looks like he is pushing 70.

I have to comment on this one. Ian McKellan(sp?) is a FINE actor and any comic book movie woulds be lucky to get someone with his acting ability. When you think about it, the X-Men cast is turning out to be one of the better ones ever assembled.

What Happened to Keep Hollywood Home? I can't believe they are going to shoot this film in Canada. That makes me so mad. They shot that first 1994 Roger Corman version here couldn't they at least keep this one in the United States? I guess they are following the X-Men triumphs....... We are at war aren't we. USA-USA-USA