• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

Canada is never a good sign for a movie. This means we'll get a NYC look-alike with a cheap budget. Wasn't the first Punisher shot in Canada? frown.gif

Actually the first Punisher was shot in and around LA with some scenes in Australia. You would think with Arnie in Charge your movies would stay in California. ( foreheadslap.gif Arnie in Charge! ) that explains everything. It all boils down to more highly trained Canadian labour that is also cheaper.

thumbsup2.gif

What Happened to Keep Hollywood Home? I can't believe they are going to shoot this film in Canada. That makes me so mad. They shot that first 1994 Roger Corman version here couldn't they at least keep this one in the United States? I guess they are following the X-Men triumphs....... We are at war aren't we. USA-USA-USA

WTF??? Shooting a movie in Canada is much cheaper (production wise), and the scenery is much nicer. hi.gif

And I think you answered your question about "Why Canada?" when you just compared the first FF movie and the X-Men movies.

- The 2 X-men movies were good, and made a ton of money.

- The Corman FF movie...well, I think there has only been about 150 people who have ever seen it. And from what I heard, it sucked. flamed.gif

It all boils down to more highly trained Canadian labour that is also cheaper. thumbsup2.gif

nope...just cheaper. A LOT cheaper, money drives the movie industry and Canada is hella cheap.

It's not that Canada is that much cheaper, it's the rebate on the sales tax. where's greggy.

It all boils down to who can get the job done.If Canadian labour wasn't up to the job they wouldn't get the contracts,regardless of how cheap it is.

We also don't have the Teamsters Union to worry about gauging more money from the production companies.

Besides didn't President Bush say the Canadians were like brothers to all Americans so why not share the workload flowerred.gifhi.gif

It all boils down to who can get the job done.If Canadian labour wasn't up to the job they wouldn't get the contracts,regardless of how cheap it is.

We also don't have the Teamsters Union to worry about gauging more money from the production companies.

Besides didn't President Bush say the Canadians were like brothers to all Americans so why not share the workload flowerred.gifhi.gif

In reality there are a lot more reasons besides the labor cost for wanting to shoot in Canada. Trust me when I say that the labor cost is important but not the driving force behind moving productions to CA.

WTF??? Shooting a movie in Canada is much cheaper (production wise), and the scenery is much nicer. hi.gif

Not to mention the great Canadian food...........

Actually, the first FF movie was made for under $2 Million and solely produced to keep the rights intact. And to answer the question about are we at war with Canada, the answer for feature films is YES! IATSE for USA.

flowerred.gif

Actually, the first FF movie was made for under $2 Million and solely produced to keep the rights intact. And to answer the question about are we at war with Canada, the answer for feature films is YES! IATSE for USA.

Paging Beyonder. Mr. Beyonder, please attach appropriate graemlin here.

If it didnt film in Canada it might film in Florida or New Mexico or New york etc...

Calirfonia still would get screwed!!

What Happened to Keep Hollywood Home? I can't believe they are going to shoot this film in Canada. That makes me so mad. They shot that first 1994 Roger Corman version here couldn't they at least keep this one in the United States? I guess they are following the X-Men triumphs....... We are at war aren't we. USA-USA-USA

OK CAPTAIN AMERICA!!

893whatthe.gif

If it didnt film in Canada it might film in Florida or New Mexico or New york etc...

Calirfonia still would get screwed!!

Now Ares....the proper pronounciation of the word is "Caulifownia"...according to their Governor at least. cool.gif