• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

That's OK, as long as it's in the USA. Hollywood, California IATSE members can go on location. Many times the EXTERIOR shots are on location and the INTERIORS are shot on HOLLYWOOD soundstages, as they have been doing for the last 90 years!

IATSE IS IN CANADA

DISTRICT NO. 11

Provinces of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland

District Secretary:

Sean McGuire

14 Highburn Crescent

Ottawa, ONT.

Canada K1B 3H8

613-590-9992

Fax: 613-590-9993

E-Mail Address: iad11@rogers.com

DISTRICT NO. 12

Provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia

District Secretary:

Barny Haines

202-128 James Avenue,

Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B ON8

204-943-4634

Fax: 204-943-8394

E-Mail Address: i.a.d12@attcanada.ca

That's OK, as long as it's in the USA. Hollywood, California IATSE members can go on location. Many times the EXTERIOR shots are on location and the INTERIORS are shot on HOLLYWOOD soundstages, as they have been doing for the last 90 years!

IATSE IS IN CANADA

DISTRICT NO. 11

Provinces of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland

District Secretary:

Sean McGuire

14 Highburn Crescent

Ottawa, ONT.

Canada K1B 3H8

613-590-9992

DISTRICT NO. 12

District Secretary:

Barny Haines

202-128 James Avenue,

204-943-4634

thumbsup2.gif

pop quiz hotshot.....what does the I in IATSE stand for? that's all the answer you need.

IATSE IS IN CANADA

DISTRICT NO. 11

District Secretary:

Sean McGuire

14 Highburn Crescent

Ottawa, ONT.

Canada K1B 3H8

613-590-9992

DISTRICT NO. 12

District Secretary:

Barny Haines

202-128 James Avenue,

204-943-4634

thumbsup2.gif

pop quiz hotshot.....what does the I in IATSE stand for? that's all the answer you need.

International

IATSE IS IN CANADA

DISTRICT NO. 11

District Secretary:

Sean McGuire

14 Highburn Crescent

Ottawa, ONT.

Canada K1B 3H8

613-590-9992

DISTRICT NO. 12

District Secretary:

Barny Haines

202-128 James Avenue,

204-943-4634

thumbsup2.gif

International

893applaud-thumb.gif

You Guys in Cali having trouble finding work ? confused-smiley-013.gif I thought you could at least keep busy picking up "seashells on the seashore" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry for the heartache everyone, being a Hollywood film worker and having worked on Tim Story's (FF Director) last film "TAXI", we most likely will miss out on working on a project I wanted to be involved in. Since I'm an IATSE member, I know Canada is part of IATSE, so perhaps they can shoot Canadian Superhero movies there!

You Guys in Cali having trouble finding work ? confused-smiley-013.gif I thought you could at least keep busy picking up "seashells on the seashore" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It's not that there isn't work, just too many people not enough jobs. We just got used to having productions here and then it slowed. We still have many TV series and smaller productions here in town.

It's not that there isn't work, just too many people not enough jobs. We just got used to having productions here and then it slowed. We still have many TV series and smaller productions here in town.

The problem is that there are so many palces in USA to film as well but Arnie blames Canada!!

Other states offer similar tax breaks like Canada but you will never see him complaining about USA

The problem is that there are so many palces in USA to film as well but Arnie blames Canada!!

Other states offer similar tax breaks like Canada but you will never see him complaining about USA

That's not the problem, I would much rather film in Arizona for example than here in Los Angeles. The money is so much better on location than here at home. Last year I was in Alabama doing Big Fish and loved it.

That's not the problem, I would much rather film in Arizona for example than here in Los Angeles. The money is so much better on location than here at home. Last year I was in Alabama doing Big Fish and loved it.

I was talking about Arnie!

and I know many people here in Toronto in the film industry. The more work that comes here the better they can feed their families

Lions Gate Studios in North Vancouver, BC, Canada distributed that horrible new Punisher movie but I do not believe the urban scenes were shot in Vancouver.

Parts of DD & the new Elektra movie will be shot in Oriental Vancouver. devil.gif

Most outdoor scenes are shot within 20 mins. drive of the downtown core. Unlike LA were it takes u 2 hrs to drive each way just devil.gifto pick up lunch.

Lions Gate Studios in North Vancouver, BC, Canada distributed that horrible new Punisher movie but I do not believe the urban scenes were shot in Vancouver.

Parts of DD & the new Elektra movie will be shot in Oriental Vancouver. devil.gif

Most outdoor scenes are shot within 20 mins. drive of the downtown core. Unlike LA were it takes u 2 hrs to drive each way just devil.gifto pick up lunch.

Punisher was filmed entirely in Tampa, Florida.

I'm not sure. I'll be checking on Monday for the My Order Status. They said they would email some scans too! These are first CGC graded books so I have no idea what they will come back. I'm hoping 9.0/9.4 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

post the scans when you get them 893applaud-thumb.gif

I can't believe they are going to shoot this film in Canada.

It's just about economics. If the majority of a movie is going to be filmed inside a soundstage, then where ever's the cheapest makes the most sense. I'm not American, but if I were, I'd still rather spend less money on location (if location doesn't really matter) and use that money towards the actual movie itself such as special effects. I realize this means that many American employed in the film industry are without work, but it's no different than Nike or Mattel having all their goods made in another country where cost and labor is cheaper. For example, considering how expensive Nike shoes are already, if they were made in the US or even Canada, imagine what we'd be paying for them then. My two cents.

It's just about economics. If the majority of a movie is going to be filmed inside a soundstage, then where ever's the cheapest makes the most sense. I'm not American, but if I were, I'd still rather spend less money on location (if location doesn't really matter) and use that money towards the actual movie itself such as special effects. I realize this means that many American employed in the film industry are without work, but it's no different than Nike or Mattel having all their goods made in another country where cost and labor is cheaper. For example, considering how expensive Nike shoes are already, if they were made in the US or even Canada, imagine what we'd be paying for them then. My two cents.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Very true, however it's not all about economics. Canada provides a better filming environment than many places here in the States, especially here in LA.

I'm fully aware that it's about economics because it's my "two cents" being taken from me supporting my family. I don't know what you guys do for a living, but if your jobs were being taken away from you and sent to the USA I'm sure you would have opinions about it. Being a father and the only one working I have to have to be vocal about work related issues. Are you guys parents supporting wives and children? If you are then you can see where I'm coming from.