• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

There was an opening scene concept of Ben Grimm running for a touchdown, being cheered by all his friends and being kissed by the home-coming queen that was to "morph" into the new Grimm; now the Thing being shrieked at by a hooker as he walks down the street of a less than reputable area of NY. The shriek is what brings him out of his lost in thought state.

That sounds like about the right tone for the duration of an FF movie I'd like to see...

Ok here’s my two cents.

When I first saw the scene where Ben calls his wife from the street corner to tell her what happened to him. My thoughts we’re, “man this is so gay. I’m sure she lives in the corner apartment like that. I’m sure she would come running outside in her friggin nightgown. I’m sure she would take one look at him and run for it.” But then I thought about it. Watched the scene again and realized that is exactly how it would look and feel in an old ff issue. She would definitely live in the corner apartment. She would definitely come running out in her nightgown and she most definitely take one look at him and run for it.

So I guess what I see is that these Hollywood people are so worried about keeping it as close to the comic as possible or fear the wrath of the “true comic fan”

That they forget to make a decent movie.

That being said I think if you watch it with that frame of mind you will enjoy it.

thumbsup2.gif

Jessica Alba & Chiklis were filming 1 block from where I work in downtown Vancouver, BC on Sat. Sept. 9/06. They filmed inside the United Kingdom office tower, 1 block down to the jewellery store, 1block up the hill to a cafe. Did not see anyone famous this weekend except greggy at the local comicon Sunday. popcorn.gif
Jewelry foreheadslap.gif

There was an opening scene concept of Ben Grimm running for a touchdown, being cheered by all his friends and being kissed by the home-coming queen that was to "morph" into the new Grimm; now the Thing being shrieked at by a hooker as he walks down the street of a less than reputable area of NY. The shriek is what brings him out of his lost in thought state.

That sounds like about the right tone for the duration of an FF movie I'd like to see...

WTF? I think that sounds horrible.

For hers looks not her acting..

Ugh, her face is nothing to write home about, and like I said, if you want to oogle her bod, then rent Into the Blue.

jes.jpg

cloud9.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

WTF? I think that sounds horrible.

So, what do you think of Thing: Night Falls on Yancy Street? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, what do you think of Thing: Night Falls on Yancy Street? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I read that mini early this year. I really liked it. I normally donate everything from the 80's forward to Comics4Kids after I read it, but I decided to keep that mini so I could read it again. Really different approach, and really good.

ff is on right now on HBO. so i figure what the hell I’ll watch it. And it accrued to me that the guy that plays MR.F really sucks it. I’m not trying to be an asss hole. it’s just the performance is so flat and unforgettable. and when you think about it, although MR.F is the head of the FF he never really stood out all that much. imho. so hear was there chance to breath some real character into him and what do they do? they hire I have know idea who.

Then why did you love this movie?

It basically sucks on all levels, and the only way I could see other human beings enjoying it is if they're huge fans of the comics and let their imagination "fill in the blanks" to this putrid story.

The only thing watchable was Chris Evans as Human Torch. If you want to see Alba fumble lines, watch Into the Blue, where you get to see her in a skimpy bikini. Gruffudd as Reed was absolutely horrible, Mr Nip/Tuck turned Doom into a joke, and Chiklis had too many groan-inducing scenes (like the engagement ring bit) I lost count.

Just a bad, bad, bad movie.

I could'nt have put that any better myself.

This Movie sucked so bad, I lost all my body hair frown.gif