• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

As I pointed out earlier, it was inevitable. Keep on keeping on, Vince. People are tired of the game you continue to play here. Our only hope is that sooner or later the mods will tire of it as well.

Unlike you, who will continue to whine and post about how us "geeks" are out to get you, I have had my say and am done with this thread.

As I pointed out earlier, it was inevitable. Keep on keeping on, Vince.

And you keep on posting racial slurs - lucky I'm not black or the n-word would likely be out in 2 seconds flat.

EDIT: And in case you are really this dense, the e-word you used is no longer acceptable for these peoples (any more than rxx-skin is for Native Americans or wxxback is for Mexican immigrants) and they are called the Inuit.

As I pointed out earlier, it was inevitable. Keep on keeping on, Vince.

And you keep on posting racial slurs - lucky I'm not black or the n-word would likely be out in 2 seconds flat.

893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif And Sho'nuff is from Harlem

Being politically correct, is a disease. Hurt feelings have become an EXCUSE to lose all sense of reality, and common sense. (kinda like hardcore drugs)

That being written, I obviously would simply rather KNOW someone hates my country, regardless of (whateverreasonicouldn'tgivea)... from the get go.

Makes my disdain for that persons pusillanimous, ignorant, perfidious, country...much more fun headbang.gif

Lets face facts, LOADS of truly jealous nations out there folks,...the USA... is indefatigable gossip.gif

Doesn't matter if Biel, Beckinsale, or Knightley ( cloud9.gif btw) were in FF, it still woulda sucked.

With those women in, I would have actually hoped it sucked more... devil.gif

And - yes - this was added for JC's benefit. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

And my vote is for 2 of the 3 Jessica's (Beil and Alba). Jessica Simpson scares me grin.gif

Hey, as long as it's not Jessica Tandy, I'm good. thumbsup2.gif

Given the recent Wisonsin-based story regarding... ah... grave-robbing 893whatthe.gif, I'm glad you added that. poke2.gif

Being politically correct, is a disease. Hurt feelings have become an EXCUSE to lose all sense of reality, and common sense. (kinda like hardcore drugs)

That being written, I obviously would simply rather KNOW someone hates my country, regardless of (whateverreasonicouldn'tgivea)... from the get go.

Makes my disdain for that persons pusillanimous, ignorant, perfidious, country...much more fun headbang.gif

Lets face facts, LOADS of truly jealous nations out there folks,...the USA... is indefatigable gossip.gif

"LOADS of truly jealous nations..," You mean like the frostbacks?confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh well, no worries here, as my own countrymen think I'm a crook because I live in Oregon, the PGX state. I'm still waiting to find out what part I had in the scandal...,

sorry.gif

Doesn't matter if Biel, Beckinsale, or Knightley ( cloud9.gif btw) were in FF, it still woulda sucked.

27_laughing.gif

And my vote is for 2 of the 3 Jessica's (Beil and Alba). Jessica Simpson scares me grin.gif

Given the recent Wisonsin-based story regarding... ah... grave-robbing 893whatthe.gif, I'm glad you added that. poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif What??? 893whatthe.gif

You guys are predjudiced against graverobbers too? Where will the hatred end....,?

sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif

You guys are predjudiced against graverobbers too? Where will the hatred end....,?

sorry.gif

Not me, I love "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". acclaim.gif

27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

Not me, I love "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". acclaim.gif

As long as we're not talking about the grades of comics here! tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

You've read this story then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

sorry.gif

Back on topic ... I sometimes wonder how movies like FF get made. Is it that those involved simply want to be done with it, or that they can't see the forest for the trees, or what?

Back on topic ... I sometimes wonder how movies like FF get made. Is it that those involved simply want to be done with it, or that they can't see the forest for the trees, or what?

An excellent question!

What happens is there are to many "chiefs" involved and each has their say and each requires their idea be in the movie.

For example, when the FF finally regroup and decide to take on Doom as group, the original dialogue had Doom saying something intelligent , ominous and rather omnipotent ( which to me is very much like his character ), But a higher up felt the dialogue as written would not appeal to the target audience. Instead Doom simply says

"This will be fun" ( which I personally thought was lame ).

The other thing that happens is target final run-time. Movies are made to fit into target run-times: 1hr 30, 1hr 45, 2 hr. Etc. This is pre-determined and established during the budgeting of the movie. The movie released MUST meet this run time to fullfill the contract.

So what can happen is the movie is story boarded, and things are far more fleshed out so certains scenes make sense and have both a bearing on the film's outcome and are super cool to see, but because the movie is going over anticipated runtime

it then gets cut/ edited to heck. Sometimes you can end up with a chopped up scene that doesnt really make much sense but because it had a "cool" element to it, it is left in.

Quite often movies are being re-written as the movie is being filmed ( which is the case with FF ) so you can have bits and pieces from a film that was going to do a completely different story in the released version.

In the end, whether a movie is going to be good or not all comes down to writing IMHO. This is also where many decisions get made to the scripts submitted for the project labelled "Fantastic Four". The scripts all vary and the one that gets chosen is decided on by a sole individual or a comittee that care more about target audience and dollar potentials generated by that specific demographic rather than making a quality film.

Hence we get rid of that serious FF -script and go with the Campy "summer movie" -script.

There was an opening scene concept of Ben Grimm running for a touchdown, being cheered by all his friends and being kissed by the home-coming queen that was to "morph" into the new Grimm; now the Thing being shrieked at by a hooker as he walks down the street of a less than reputable area of NY. The shriek is what brings him out of his lost in thought state. He is truly a monster now..and pretty powerful IMHO .

Artboy99

Jessica Alba & Chiklis were filming 1 block from where I work in downtown Vancouver, BC on Sat. Sept. 9/06. They filmed inside the United Kingdom office tower, 1 block down to the jewellery store, 1block up the hill to a cafe. Did not see anyone famous this weekend except greggy at the local comicon Sunday. popcorn.gif