• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

Then why did you love this movie?

It basically sucks on all levels, and the only way I could see other human beings enjoying it is if they're huge fans of the comics and let their imagination "fill in the blanks" to this putrid story.

The only thing watchable was Chris Evans as Human Torch. If you want to see Alba fumble lines, watch Into the Blue, where you get to see her in a skimpy bikini. Gruffudd as Reed was absolutely horrible, Mr Nip/Tuck turned Doom into a joke, and Chiklis had too many groan-inducing scenes (like the engagement ring bit) I lost count.

Just a bad, bad, bad movie.

Then why did you love this movie?

It basically sucks on all levels, and the only way I could see other human beings enjoying it is if they're huge fans of the comics and let their imagination "fill in the blanks" to this putrid story.

The only thing watchable was Chris Evans as Human Torch. If you want to see Alba fumble lines, watch Into the Blue, where you get to see her in a skimpy bikini. Gruffudd as Reed was absolutely horrible, Mr Nip/Tuck turned Doom into a joke, and Chiklis had too many groan-inducing scenes (like the engagement ring bit) I lost count.

headbang.gif

I thought the only thing good about FF was Jessica Alba..

I thought Alba (who I loved in Dark Angel) was one of the worst things about the film. Along with a dozen other problems. Glad you enjoyed it, though. Have you seen the '94 version? Now that is a piece of work.

For hers looks not her acting..

Reading between the lines a bit...am I correct in thinking you felt this movie was actually pretty good?

to me it was just like the SA FF comics, the bickering and fighting between the thing and johnny storm. i can understand if you didn't like it, but i don't think it is as bad as the hulk or elektra. did you like the movie serenity by joss whedon?

all i got to say is that i loved it! i thought that the chemistry was there between the actors and the thing and the human torch were perfectly cast. now what gets me is why the actor playing the human torch is not returning for the sequel? i kinda liked this fun flick better than the X-Men movies, but spidey still tops them all. hail.gif thank god this movie didn't pull a superman returns, too long and rehashed. screwy.gif

I agree with you. FF was a good popcorn movie. Something with humor and action. Something many comic book films lack.

finally just saw Fantastic Four on HBO

Me too!

A little better than I expected, but JC (and a few others hi.gif ) gave me such low expectations so maybe it had to be.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My biggest problem with the FF film was was that if they wanted to turn it into a fun fest, then they should've gotten the Impossible Man as the main villain. Doom is a much more complex and serious character, who deserved a darker plotline.

all i got to say is that i loved it! i thought that the chemistry was there between the actors and the thing and the human torch were perfectly cast. now what gets me is why the actor playing the human torch is not returning for the sequel? i kinda liked this fun flick better than the X-Men movies, but spidey still tops them all. hail.gif thank god this movie didn't pull a superman returns, too long and rehashed. screwy.gif

I agree with you. FF was a good popcorn movie. Something with humor and action. Something many comic book films lack.

exactly, couldn't of said it better myself. thumbsup2.gif

well I just seen superman at the IMAX in indy and that is bad.. The 3D was cool, But damn sup looked gay in so many parts of the movie. He made a good clark but I think lois could of kicked supes arsh.

what is "looking gay" mean anyways? confused.gif

Check the mirror. gossip.gif

My biggest problem with the FF film was was that if they wanted to turn it into a fun fest, then they should've gotten the Impossible Man as the main villain. Doom is a much more complex and serious character, who deserved a darker plotline.

he killed people in a vicious way, how much darker could've you wanted it? confused-smiley-013.gif

well I just seen superman at the IMAX in indy and that is bad.. The 3D was cool, But damn sup looked gay in so many parts of the movie. He made a good clark but I think lois could of kicked supes arsh.

Check the mirror. gossip.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry I was quoting my wife.

Let me try saying it this way..

Eye candy for another dude. ahhh

His bulge in his tights was larger when Jimmy was around. ahhh

I seen more muscle on olive oil.

I can keep going if you need. confused-smiley-013.gif