• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Movie

1,078 posts in this topic

I had fun watching the FF movie and that's all I expected from it so my expectations were met. I liked it. If I want great cinema, I'll watch Citizen Kane.

Agreed, same here. It was a fun summer movie, exactly what I expected.

To be fair it has generated a vast amount of posts on this Forum, which is totally disproportionate to its' lazy, fomulaic mediocrity. It wasn't terrible, and yes it was good fare for children - but when you compare it to some of the great movies aimed at kids in recent years that argument doesn't hold much water.

Oh all right it was bloody awful.

So see it Nerf to find out what all the fuss is about.

I still haven't seen it yet.

I just heard so many things bad about it,

I figured I'd let it wait for HBO On-Demand.

That way if it is horrible,

I'll just cut it off and no extra resorces are lost in the process.

shy.gif

Same here! smile.gif

I was extremely disappointed.

The few things they did right:

1. The Thing. He looked great IMHO

2. Torch. Right look, right cockiness

3. Jessica Alba. She was the perfect blend of wife/ worrying older sister.

4. Thing / Torch campiness teasing fun. This was right out of the early silver age books and was a delight.

What they did wrong:

1. Reed. He was horrible. He should be a confident, brilliant well spoken man, not a goof. I see no way he could be the leader of the chaotic group they portrayed.

2. Doom. He was terrible, he should be the biggest ego going and also well spoken and exude confidence. What does he say when he faces all four of the FF? "This will be fun". This isnt the way he should speak to his enemy, it was just lame.

3. Jessica Alba. the stripping was gratuitous. I dont mind looking at her, but it was so obviously thrown in and does nothing to develop story or her character

4. Story was weak.

The movie was entertaining, but was fluff and campy one liners.

Artboy99

I saw it under perfect fanboy circumstances. I had just arrived in San Diego for the convention, picked up my exhibitor pass, walked down 5th Ave. to a theatre, ordered a coke and popcorn(each bigger than my head) and enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

Batman Begins, the X-Men movies, and the Spidey movies are better crafted, better written, better everything...but somehow, while I haven't picked up those DVDs, I did pick up FF.

I have to go with Jokerman on this one. I liked it more than I thought I would, however, it was written so poorly I couldn't believe they spent the money to make it. If Marvel hadn't made the Spidey and X-men movies then I might have liked it a little more. But up against this four movies that had great writing as well as all the special effects this one just fell flat. The Torch and the Thing were done very well and Jessica was hot, but come on, they just destroyed the coolest villian in comic history! "This will be fun." ?! What lamea$$ decided to write Dr. Doom this way? Terrible.

I still haven't seen it yet.

I just heard so many things bad about it,

I figured I'd let it wait for HBO On-Demand.

That way if it is horrible,

I'll just cut it off and no extra resorces are lost in the process.

shy.gif [/quote

me too, i'm sure it's the antihulk movie.

This movie will go down in history as one of the classics of the period.

70 years from now, it will still be treasured like the original King Kong movie is today.

quite often, you slay me............. 27_laughing.gif

saw the movie again (this time on DVD) with my two nephews (ages 8 and 11)saturday night.

2 more thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!! sumo.gif

oh, and immediately following that we found Vampirella on Encore...............had to be the worst comic related movie ever!!!! i'm thinking Oscars for Electra and Catwoman as compared to that crapola............. 893whatthe.gif

the female lead (Tasara Soto or somesuch) was quite lovely but just didn't have the rack to make it all work - oh and she couldn't act worth a s&^t..........and don't even get me started on Roger Daltrey as Vlad the extraterrestial vampire from Drakulon.

the director obviously believed that Vlad had to say everything as if he were making a speech in front of a huge audience...............just awful stuff....... sumo.gif

the female lead (Tasara Soto or somesuch) was quite lovely but just didn't have the rack to make it all work

Talisa Soto cloud9.gif I think her rack was just fine. insane.gif Though, I know former Vampi artist Ray Lago concurs with you...I overheard him at a Con telling someone that Soto should have gotten breast implants for the role. 893naughty-thumb.gif I thought she looked mighty fine as is; I'm not a fan at all of non-carbon based busts.

They really need to do another Vampi movie with a bigger budget and better story, though. sumo.gif

all i got to say is that i loved it! i thought that the chemistry was there between the actors and the thing and the human torch were perfectly cast. now what gets me is why the actor playing the human torch is not returning for the sequel? i kinda liked this fun flick better than the X-Men movies, but spidey still tops them all. hail.gif thank god this movie didn't pull a superman returns, too long and rehashed. screwy.gif