• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly

202 posts in this topic

ahhh... shadroch... you [!@#%^&^].

anyway, there's no star next to my name since I'm guaranteed to attend. I mean 100%. Barring an anvail falling on my head or dropping dead of a heart attack, I don't think my prepay is in question.

btw: Mr. Woogie... being so close to Philly, why aren't YOU coming down for the fun?

'killer,

I have sent you a PM as well but I felt that I must apologize here as well. I will be unable to make it to the dinner this year. I just spent the last 8 days in a hospital with an abdominal infection and I'm not certain I won't wind up back in the hospital. Regardless of the worst case scenario, I am taking intravenous antibiotics for the next three weeks at home and I must attend to them on a rigid schedule. So, even if I don't get sick again and wind up in the hospital, I still will be unable to dedicate more than 4 hours of time away from home because of my meds. I apologize to all for the crummy timing, but I wish it were some other way.

I feel so bad for you, being sick is a bummer! frown.gif

I was really looking forward to seeing you again. Please take good care of yourself, get better, and we will enjoy next years dinner thumbsup2.gif

Any ideas/Interest in an "AFTER CGC Dinner" event/party/etc. on Sat?

I know Brian spoke of a AC trip possibly... a Bar in the city?

IF I can clear the house (get the wife and kids out for the night)... maybe a few would wan't to take a detour to SJ first for drinks, ping-pong, foosball and maybe a look-see at the BB13 collection... what is actually here that is.

ahhh... shadroch... you [!@#%^&^].

anyway, there's no star next to my name since I'm guaranteed to attend. I mean 100%. Barring an anvail falling on my head or dropping dead of a heart attack, I don't think my prepay is in question.

btw: Mr. Woogie... being so close to Philly, why aren't YOU coming down for the fun?

sorry.gif

I know, I know. I wanted to come down and check out the ruckus, but 'family obligations' are getting in the way again. (As in, you signed him up for little league, so you can take him to the games on the weekend! 893blahblah.gif She's got a point really.)

That's why I tried jumping the gun with my 'who's going to the Big Apple on June 5' thread....

Have fun guys, can't wait to see the pics! (I still have one from the January Big Apple of Redhook trying to fix the lamp in Virgils that I should post sometime).

Any ideas/Interest in an "AFTER CGC Dinner" event/party/etc. on Sat?

I know Brian spoke of a AC trip possibly... a Bar in the city?

IF I can clear the house (get the wife and kids out for the night)... maybe a few would wan't to take a detour to SJ first for drinks, ping-pong, foosball and maybe a look-see at the BB13 collection... what is actually here that is.

A bunch of boozed up guys,eating ice cream and pawing thru HG Comics,sounds like a plan

bruce...

would definitely love to do something like that. The whole AC thing is up in the air... kind of hard to say at this point whether afterwards on Sat. night we'll want to do that and what kind of interest we have. I'll try and gauge on Friday with those I encounter.

As a side note to all about friday... I won't be available friday night (so you guys are all on your own... if you need suggestions about things/places to go, let me know!), and although I'm technically in court on friday, I've basically cleared my schedule. If anyone is interested in lunch friday, please let me know via PM.

As for saturday after the dinner... let's play it by ear. There are plenty of bars and the like which I can steer us towards depending on what everyone wants.

Party Friday night sounds good too... Sat. Dinner may just not be enough.

thumbsup2.gif

Bruce, you party animal! You crazy guy! I want to party with you! (Said in my best Bill Murry voice smirk.gif)

27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I plan on having fun.. I need some

play Foosball do ya?

No. I have not played any kind of physical type game or sports, except skiing, frisbee and pinball, since I was 10. If you have a pinball machine, I am up for a match thumbsup2.gif

No.. Foosball is a table top game. Table Soccer

I love pinball and accept the challenge one. Its pretty damn tough to find a machine or arcade anymore. They're dino's unfortunately. Someday maybe I'll buy an old machine...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Theres a couple of nice arcades on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.Just played in one Saturday nite in fact. A friend of mine insisted we play skee-ball while taking a break from cards.. Must be a Joisey thing.The Steel Pier is open for the season,so yawl can go play bumber-cars as well.

Bars in Philly close at 2am.Bars in AC mostly are 24-7.

Maybe we can do AC Sunday nite and hit the Southside on Saturday.Long as beers are cold,I'm up for just about any and all.

Just a reminder guys,

Our final head count is due on friday. I'm going to tally the names on the list and submit them for the final count. Keep me apprised if anyone is dropping out or wants to be added.

Thanks,

Brian

No.. Foosball is a table top game. Table Soccer

I love pinball and accept the challenge one. Its pretty damn tough to find a machine or arcade anymore. They're dino's unfortunately. Someday maybe I'll buy an old machine...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Theres a couple of nice arcades on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.Just played in one Saturday nite in fact. A friend of mine insisted we play skee-ball while taking a break from cards.. Must be a Joisey thing.The Steel Pier is open for the season,so yawl can go play bumber-cars as well.

Bars in Philly close at 2am.Bars in AC mostly are 24-7.

Maybe we can do AC Sunday nite and hit the Southside on Saturday.Long as beers are cold,I'm up for just about any and all.

Yup... those are the only 2 I can remember being in for the last decade. A great assortment of pinball... which is all I play with the exception of Defender, Centipede, etc.

I think Friday and Saturday nights will be enough for be and I'll forgo anything major on Sunday night.. but SunDAY Lunch-Dinner I'm still game.

Rob...

I didn't see this thread had moved to, sorry for the delay. Your Acela train will let out most likely at 30th St. station (I don't believe they go all the way to Suburban or Market East, which is 11th and Market)...

If it lets out at 30th st. station, there are a number of cabs right there... cab fare is approximately $7 to $9...

If the train goes all the way to Market East station, you can be let off across the street from the Loews hotel (where you are staying).

If you need any assistance for any reason getting in, please don't hesitate to ring my cell.