• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

Trinity gets big play in DC because Andy Pollin, who is one of the guys on the WTEM "all Redskins all the time" sports radio (and also one of Tony Kornheiser's producers) went there. I think the game is being broadcast on WTEM tomorrow.

Learn something new everyday I guess... Based on Pollin's resume online, it looks like he was there about ten years before I was. He started in radio in 1981 in Dallas, probably right after graduation... back when Trinity was still a party school for rich kids...

It's funny, the guys of that generation all joke they wouldn't even be able to get in any more... The admission standards are quite a bit different now...

I might have to listen to the second half on WTEM online when I get to the shop tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

And people thought the Butthole Surfers were the coolest thing to come out of Trinity... tongue.gif

Seems I always catch up with these threads days after they're started...

I have no bone to pick with Mark Wilson, and did not say that he cleaned most of the Rockfords. I seriously doubt he touched many of them. I have not seen but a small fraction of purple label Rockfords--and of course anyone owning them after Wilson could have done the work. Yes, he did clean books during the 90's. But consider that Bill Sarill was trimming books in the 80's, and people were repairing books with tape before that. It's an evolving process.

Cleaning was a main topic of debate during the 90's, with many people falling on both sides of the fence. I'm led to believe that, right or wrong, Mark simply thought cleaning was not considered restoration during that time. Maybe he can throw his opinion up here.

Matt Nelson

matt,

hope you can help me out here, i have a book with invisible/scotch tape at the ends of the spine. what can i do to get them removed w/o damaging the book. also will the tape removal show up in detecting for restoration when being slabbed?

thanks in advance,

supapimp

Also Matt is a fine restorer and I would not want to impose bad news in his name.

I just thought this was a disscussion thread.

Again I am sorry but I just wanted to get some facts straight thats all.

I would deal with Mark anyday too...

Look guys I could post the last e-mail Matt sent me but I don't want to cause more heat.

So Blame me!! OK!!?? I am the wrong menace and manipulator I should be hung to dry!

But in the end I know that I did not lie!

I only wanted some feedback.

Ok??