• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

Manning bought out Mark Wilson's World's Finest business, but to what degree and what inventory was included in the deal, only Mark, Manning, and whoever else BEHIND the scenes, acting in partnership with Manning would know. This was after the second and final Manning Comic auction. I have seen many crossovers, the same comics and oil paintings appearing from time to time in Heritage Auctions, Jay Parrino's JP_the Mint website (before he all but eliminated the images of comics on his site), and Mark's PGCMint website.

Ablue, After viewing these links that you posted, I fail to understand the sensationalism behind the Rockfords as a high quality Pedigree. All six of these not only have cleaning and pressing but TAPE removal as well that left behind considerable residue. THESE, are noted Pedigree comics, something to get excited about, with TAPE? I seem to recall a Superman 2 and 3 that Mark had on his website that also sported tape stains after removal. Were these from the Rockford Pedigree as well and is this indicative of the majority of Rockford Pedigree comics (tape applied by the original owner)? I know that it's difficult to gauge the whole of a collection from viewing just 6 of it's components, but I see nothing special about them whatsoever.

I don't think very many of those books are very nice either..but there are some. Plus it's fairly tough to get F+ or better G.A. books in a lot of titles. As a sidenote, although you found 20 restored books on there..I found 12 pages of Rockford books that weren't..12 times 50 is 600 books..some of those are probably dupes..so we'll say half of them are.. 20 out of 300 is really not all that bad, especially for a Golden Age collection.

Brian

I would like to think that this thread is over with , there is realy nothing more to say.

Ain't that the truth! tongue.gif

But that reminds me to: start a thread about the acceptability of glue applied to the centerfold staple: argue that this should not be considered restoration; try to convince everyone that a dot of glue at the centerfold staple is not restoration; put my restored (dot of glue at the centerfold staple) Cap 39 on ebay and tell everyone about it; and then point out that there may be thousands of books out there with a dot of glue at the centerfold staple that were sold as unrestored, so don't have any reservations about bidding on mine....whatcha think of my plan??? wink.gif

Even with the Mile High/Edgar Church or Lamont Larson pedigress the bks were not ALL vf or better. Some were vg. Some had coupons cut out of back cvr. If u bought a golden age bk w/ tape on it, 1 of the 1st things u would want to do was have the tape removed.

Rockfords were ACCEPTED by the major comic dealers & the mktplace as pedigree. It contained approx. 2,200 gold bks in runs. It is the 2nd biggest golden age pedigree after the Church copies & dwarfs the Larson collection.

If u found even a 1k vf golden age or NM silver age run TODAY, u better believe u would line up & try to have cgc & the mktplace pedigree the collection.