• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

I don't believe you.

In fact, I'll say what everybody else is dancing around.

YOU ARE LYING

Prove that you have received this email from Matt Nelson about Mark Wilson (who, I have to state in the interest of full disclosure, bought an Amazing 28 that I thought was perfect that had been "restored" by Danny Dupcak -meth- in the early 90s, and told me it was restored then).

You are just rattling cages and causing agita to everybody here. Post the email and I will apologize. If not, just go away.

Please.

Just go away.

Aww, I thought you were going back into your hole until the urgh to post another similar topic arises. Not gonna post the last EMAIL from Matt. I would either. It would probably say: "Dear ablue, are you such a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point that you are dragging my name through the mud? Please do not EMAIL me again!". tongue.gif

I hate to break it to you Little Boy Ablue, but you lied:

You said: "I recieved an e-mail from Matt telling me that Mark tinkered with his discovery and cleaned his books and did not disclose it to the people he sold them to. Matt told me that many hundreds or thousands do not know of this still yet."

Matt said: "I have no bone to pick with Mark Wilson, and did not say that he cleaned most of the Rockfords. I seriously doubt he touched many of them."

The 2 above statements contradict one another. So since you claim to be telling the truth, that means that you are calling Matt a liar.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Yo, the guy already came online to post his thoughts earlier! His comments are inconsistent with your initial comments so you should just stop while the tail between your legs is still there! Don't have the EMAIL? mad.gif

Hard to say. Maybe he is a girl and is a poser and trying to be a boy. However, his feminine side always seem to dominate after a few baggings by the forum members! wink.gif

Ablue's and Matt's statements do NOT contradict each other. Matt said Mark didn't clean most of the Rockfords; he didn't say anything about the rest of the material sold by Mark. Ablue didn't say he cleaned thousands of Rockfords, nor did Matt say he didn't think Mark was cleaning books. Nor did he claim he never talked to ABlue. Matt likely either has first-hand knowledge of what he told ABlue, or he's heard the same stories that I have.

This was a naive post that should have been kept quiet since it was hearsay from a single source, but his intent wasn't entirely negative. Consider cutting him some slack. I'm a little sickened by the way a convicted felon was almost universally lauded on this board for his sharp wit and intelligence, yet this guy has become the scapegoat for lacking these traits.

Ablue didn't say he cleaned thousands of Rockfords

Fair enough I used the wrong ablue quote. Perhaps this one will suffice?:

ablue: "I asked him about my Batman#3 Rockford and he said that in the early 90's Mark took his Rockford collection and cleanded some of them!!.There may be books out there in private collections and people with no knowledge of it being done. He did not disclose the prosess, as cleaning was not concidered restoration at the time.Why would he ruin a pedegree???"

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Here is one of ablue's tirade posts:

"Well pi## me off!!. How dare you guys come off to bash me when all I did was try to post an informative thread?? I recieved an e-mail from Matt telling me that Mark tinkered with his discovery and cleaned his books and did not disclose it to the people he sold them to. Matt told me that many hundreds or thousands do not know of this still yet. It just shows me how stupid you guys are to bash me and not take the time to e-mail Matt and get the answers from him!! I had him do some resto work for me in the past AND I am listed on his site for references!!! If you don't belive me ask him fo your self!! At least I am trying to wake up this forum as you guys are nothing but duds in supplying news to the comic industry!!!!!"

Note the point regarding many hundreds or thousands do not know of this still yet. confused.gif

I'm a little sickened by the way a convicted felon was almost universally lauded on this board for his sharp wit and intelligence, yet this guy has become the scapegoat for lacking these traits

Who, pray tell, is this "convicted felon"? Comic-Keys? Dupchek? Can you prove that they are one and the same?

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Before I continue, note that I have no first hand knowledge that Mark did any of this, only hearsay.

If I wanted to get technical with his statement, I could safely say that ABlue was being modest; I'd estimate that about 6 billion people don't know yet that Mark restored any comics. If I wanted to just restrict myself to Mark's customers, I'd guess that he has had hundreds of them. And if he was performing minor restoration that at the time he didn't consider real restoration, then there are potentially hundreds of people who don't know they might have restored comics.