• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

Did Matt ever say that Mark didn't clean any Rockfords? I don't see any contradiction in their statements.

How could Matt know whether or not Mark cleaned any of them??? The only person who truly knows is Mark.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Well, you came and basically said that ablue didn't say that Mark Wilson cleaned thousands of the Rockfords. However, in the context of his post, he basically said that Matt told him that Mark cleaned part of his Rockfords and hundreds or even thousands don't know about it. (I am assuming that this guy means that the customers were not informed about it. Of course there are other parties that would have no knowledge of the truth. Me included) Whether ablue made the comment or not is the only relevant topic that BOC was mentioning. Of course Mark cleaned some of the Rockfords and restored other books because he was in the restoration business. Whether people were informed or not is a matter of fact to be determined. confused.gif

How could you know that Matt doesn't know that Mark cleaned any of them?? The only person that could know that is Matt.

I didn't say that Matt knew anything; I said either he knew, or he heard. I don't know which.

This semantics is boring me to tears, and getting nowhere.
Yes, I agree. Let's change gears: Who is this "convicted felon" you mentioned above? Comic-Keys? Dupchek? So you have proof that they are one and the same?

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Huh? WTF are you failing to understand. Ablue comes on and says that Matt told him that Mark worked on the Rockfords and hundreds and perhaps thousands still do not know about it. You think these hundreds or thousands refer to people not involved in the transaction? Of course he meant his customers. Is there anything more that I need to explain? Come on, you're not ablue. frown.gif

Yes, I need you to give me a direct quote from ABlue where he said thousands of the Rockfords were worked on.

This has moved from debate to argument. Debate is when there's something useful to be gained from discussion; argument is when parties are trying to prove themselves correct. It doesn't matter whether he misspoke and meant thousands of Rockfords, or whether he didn't misspeak and meant some Rockfords and non-Rockfords. That's the tiresome part; either way, his main point was the same. Part of his motivation was to warn other people about it.

I'm not gonna defend his grammar and sentence phrasing, because there's no point in it other than to argue.

FF.......it DOES matter what he originally said because that's the whole reason that people are jumping on his in this thread. He made a statement that was most likely NOT CORRECT and innapropriate with regards to some very respectable peoples reputations. All we wanted in here was for him to provide the email that he got his information from......and he has refused to do that. mad.gif

And we can no longer give a direct quote from him because he edited the original entry.

Jamie,

I think you are misunderstanding. Ablue didn't say hundreds or thousands of Rockford's were cleaned. He said that some of the Rockford's were C&P and that hundreds or thousands of people who own/have owned them (Rockford's) do not know that.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I am just trying to clarify.

Chris

Boy, if you want a direct quote, you can forget it. It's no point even talking about it further. Sorry if you can't seem to read between the lines and the context of the whole thread. So...I'm signing off because obviously, you want everything to be in black and white before you believe it. Blah blah blah....zzzz! tongue.gif

What do you think the main point of his post was, and why do you think it was not correct? I agree that it was inappropriate, and so does he now. I think his motivation was to warn other collectors. But he shouldn't have done it like this. But he doesn't deserve the scorn he's getting since part of his intent was positive and communal.

Even if he had posted the e-mail, that'd be hearsay also.

I thinks the whole lot of you is a bunch of liars and theives........the whole frigging lot of you..........I've read every word in this thread that you all have vomited out of your vile mouths and I still insist that there is no way that any of these graded coins have been cleaned and pressed......you can't even press a coin so I don't know what you're trying to say.........????.........wait a second...........oops.......wrong forum. crazy.gif

FF,

I don't think people really gave a about this thread. I know of a few people who were just waiting for ablue to slip up just to give them a reason to pounce on him since they extremely dislike him. Just MHO