• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: Who's the STRONGEST hero? Thor, Hulk or Superman?

Who is the STRONGEST hero?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the STRONGEST hero?

183 posts in this topic

I have read some dumb threads in my days, and seen a lot of intellectual capital be expended upon dubious topics. But grown men arguing over whether one fictional character is stronger than another fictional character, particularly when those characters have been changed, modified, ret-conned and un-ret-conned continuously for almost 50 years, takes the cake.

CGC Boards, I salute you for the relentless pursuit of the ridiculous, the unending quest for the unprovable, and the unyielding willingness to act like ninnies. Harumph!

I have read some dumb threads in my days, and seen a lot of intellectual capital be expended upon dubious topics. But grown men arguing over whether one fictional character is stronger than another fictional character, particularly when those characters have been changed, modified, ret-conned and un-ret-conned continuously for almost 50 years, takes the cake.

This is exactly what I wanted to post after conditionfreak's post, but didn't really want to waste the effort.

CGC Boards, I salute you for the relentless pursuit of the ridiculous, the unending quest for the unprovable, and the unyielding willingness to act like ninnies. Harumph!

If I wanted to do something worthwhile and/or serious I would be working instead of posting here.

Thanks for being the Anti-Mr. Roarke and nuking my own personal Fantasy Island. :sorry:

I have that book.

Did`nt Superman also say(or think to himself) he could`nt take many more of those punches?

I would think because Hulk was geting stronger with each punch.

Then Superman used his super eyes to spot some little electronic device buzzing around Hulks head causing his anger, zapped it and then calmed Hulk down til he was a sleepy little Bruce Banner.

Evens out to me.

Superman just has all his power from the start and Hulk has to play some catch up.

If I wanted to do something worthwhile and/or serious I would be working instead of posting here.

Thanks for being the Anti-Mr. Roarke and nuking my own personal Fantasy Island. :sorry:

Smiles, everyone, smiles!

It does seem ridiculous.

Superman is the strongest. :acclaim:

Yea, imagine comic book fans talking about comic book characters. Maybe we should stick to discussions about value, or who drew it and forget what the allure was to begin with.

Comics are fun to read! And to enjoy comics you have to have some imagination. Did you lose yours Sean?

Again....

It always amazes me how people complain about things they themselves participate in. Why do some of you read this stuff, when the title of the thread is explicit about the subject? Is it like watching the girl next door doing the dishes, through her window?

What else should we discuss on this forum? Pressing? Politics? Religion? Girls?

(Okay, besides girls, which is obviously a good subject). How about comic books and their characters fantasy lives, deeds and story lines?

Again....

It always amazes me how people complain about things they themselves participate in. Why do some of you read this stuff, when the title of the thread is explicit about the subject? Is it like watching the girl next door doing the dishes, through her window?

(Okay, besides girls, which is obviously a good subject). How about comic books and their characters fantasy lives, deeds and story lines?

I have never looked in the girl next door's window. I have been recently informed by the landlords that the girl next door has a history of looking in other peoples windows. :eek:

Yea, imagine comic book fans talking about comic book characters. Maybe we should stick to discussions about value, or who drew it and forget what the allure was to begin with.

Comics are fun to read! And to enjoy comics you have to have some imagination. Did you lose yours Sean?

(worship)

Again....

I have never looked in the girl next door's window. I have been recently informed by the landlords that the girl next door has a history of looking in other peoples windows. :eek:
Flaunt it if ya got it Mike! :banana:

Almost forgot to post this piece of art I picked up years ago....

Sums it up.

wallace_hulkvsavengers.jpg

I just read the TPB's for Planet Hulk and WW Hulk for the 1st time and all i gotta say is anyone who thinks Supes is taking down the Hulk is :screwy:

Planet Hulk is such a well written story.

:)

I just read the TPB's for Planet Hulk and WW Hulk for the 1st time and all i gotta say is anyone who thinks Supes is taking down the Hulk is :screwy:
Superman would win. Even on the Hulk's Birthday.

Again it matters on which Superman. Pre Crisis Superman has no upper limit. Current Superman versions are more debatable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman

Powers

Unlimited super strength, speed, stamina, endurance and durability.

Extreme longevity

Enhanced mental processes, defences, and genius level intellect.

Unlimited physical senses (sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing).

Ability to perceive the entire electro-magnetic spectrum and various other forms of energy.

Flight

Flight across the universe to distant galaxies and solar systems through hyperspace, flying through space warps near earth and emerging many light years away.

X-ray vision

Heat Vision

Precise muscle control and vocal control.

Freezing/hurricane breath.

Super-Ventriloquism

Super-Hypnosis

But During the Byrne Superman, the DC Heroes RPG statized the strength of Superman is able to lift 800,000 tons.

Post Byrne, we don't know, but he has moved smaller planets.

Edited by Rip