• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300

20 posts in this topic

As a novice grader I am not sure how to handle this one. The right cover has chipping from top to bottom (not sure if that's the right term). The corners are all solid, but there are some mini issues. The top center of the cover there's a tiny crease or chop. Are those manufacturing issues? Do those drag the grade down or merely give it a lower ceiling? Book lays flat, pages are white, no other issues that I can find.

And apologies for the over-sized picture, but it shows off the RC problem better than the small scan.

asm300f.jpg

Link to back cover (large scan).

asm300f.jpg

I don't think the right edge would be considered chipping or "Marvel Chipping". I have one that was returned by CGC ungraded due to "overhang" which looks like part of the problem. No idea as far as what caused the indentions (but even with the huge scan it's hard to tell on my phone - lol).

Right, not Marvel chipping, but I didn't know what other word to use! It seemed like a manufacturing thing... or gerbils. Regardless, it detracts from the overall look.

I had done some searches in this forum, but not in the grading one. If I had I would have found this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=30&Number=3990241&Searchpage=1&Main=190928&Words=manufacturing&topic=0&Search=true#Post3990241

Which speaks to my question of the right cover edge. Ah, sweet sweet closure. Search first, ask second!

Thanks for the input. I thought so but am not confident in my take at this point.

I did notice a bit of a roll. Not sure if that's due to being a longer issue but it probably counts against.

Should this be a book I consider grading before a sale? Seems that 9.4 or 9.6 commands a better price than saying nm. Then again the cost of grading is a big factor for this level of book.

By only seeing the front cover. I would say the book would grade at a 9.0/9.2.

Both corners at the spine have some wear. The top one is split and the bottom has slight wear. I see three color breaking spine ticks and two none color breaking spine ticks. I also see what looks like a small stain on it. By the lower left spine near the Driect Edition logo. Plus CGC will knock the rough cut.

If there's any problems with the back cover. Which I think there is because of the minor color breaking spine ticks showing on the front. Then the book will grade lower than 9.0.

Most of the ASM #300 I've seen. Grade at around 7.5 to 9.2. Overall yours is a very nice looking copy. (thumbs u

Should this be a book I consider grading before a sale? Seems that 9.4 or 9.6 commands a better price than saying nm. Then again the cost of grading is a big factor for this level of book.

If you sell this book. I think you'll do a lot better selling it ungraded.

There's been plenty of feedback, but if you are curious there is a link to the back cover between the two posted pictures. I was trying to save space... which was pointless given the size of the one scan!

I will take a 9-9.4 with the lower end being most likely and a $60-100 range depending. About what I was thinking.