• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

More like a VFN- judging by those spine ticks and creases on the right hand edge.

Compare that to the VF/NM F_T sold the other day in the sales forum.

I wish I could compare it to F_T's copy in hand! :pullhair: Saw that one a second too late.

More like a VFN- judging by those spine ticks and creases on the right hand edge.

I wish I could compare it to F_T's copy in hand! :pullhair: Saw that one a second too late.

It used to be my copy :gossip:

your old copy actually looks like a 9.2.

your old copy actually looks like a 9.2.

Was sold to me as a 9.6. I posted it in the "spare a grade" forum a while back, most said it would press to a 9.6 but there were minor colour breaking spine ticks which would not reach a 9.6 even with a press.

I decided to consign it, get the money and put towards a very nice looking 9.4 (thumbs u

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=418581

What a haircut in 2 years. Half price from the high and this copy presents similarly to the first graded 9.8. This one does have white pages to boot. 3 copies of 9.8's really has brought prices back in line.

The Heritage 9.8 should go for less due to the miswrap and lesser page quality. It currently sits at $4,250.00.

To be honest I would never spend $10,000 on a 9.8 copy of this book, the prices now are more realistic in my opinion.

Will this have a knock on effect for 9.6 & 9.4 copies? I hope so.

CGC 8.5 CR/OW pages just sold for $398

linky

I saw that and thought WTF

I have picked up two cgc 8.5s here on the board in the past couple of years and paid $155/ $160.

the book is supahot. and maybe you should sell. hm

I'll have to use the way back machine(see Peabody/Bullwinkle)

I also sold my silver bullion to soon.

I was the under bidder on the sig series 8.0

High bidder before the first 3 min overtime

and my last bid was just for spite

I guess the book's been hot of late. I don't have the long term perspective some of you do, but since returning to the hobby only 4 months ago, I've noticed that this book sells really well regardless of condition. I'm not surprised with the amount the 8.5 got even with the C/OW pages, but I did thought the 9.8 with white pages was a little lower than expected (although not by much). Interesting to see what the 9.8 over at Heritage will end up with.

I guess the book's been hot of late. I don't have the long term perspective some of you do, but since returning to the hobby only 4 months ago, I've noticed that this book sells really well regardless of condition. I'm not surprised with the amount the 8.5 got even with the C/OW pages, but I did thought the 9.8 with white pages was a little lower than expected (although not by much). Interesting to see what the 9.8 over at Heritage will end up with.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7036&lotNo=91012

$6,273.75

It went for more than what I thought it would considering the CC 9.8 WHITE went for $6,511.00.

Both were technically 9.8's, but the CC book presented considerably better and had better page quality.