• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

That CC copy is really nice looking and I love the blurb...

Overstreet 40 NM- $225.00

Last 9.8 GPA...

$13,000.00!

:o

I'm happy with my raw $30 convention purchase from 2 years ago.

bats227-2.jpg

I'd love to have a nicer copy but these prices that Bats 227 have been getting lately for the 9.2's and up are a bit much for me.

Would this book be even higher in demand or 'value' if Adams also did the interior art?

Last 9.8 GPA...

$13,000.00!

bats227-2.jpg

I'd love to have a nicer copy but these prices that Bats 227 have been getting lately for the 9.2's and up are a bit much for me.

Would this book be even higher in demand or 'value' if Adams also did the interior art?

Yes! If only...

This one just popped up on eBay. Really nice raw copy, but it's not cheap though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/220801743936

Ok, I have to ask, did one of us 227 freaks step up and nab this one? hm

Damn, I've been leaving money on the table with these. lol Crazy.

Jon, any raw 9.2/9.4's with white pages and centered? :baiting: I sound like a rabid dog.

No, sorry Scott. lol If I had those they wouldn't be raw for long!

I've got a few copies much like the one I sold you awhile back... nice-presenting copies around the 7.0-7.5 range, that don't really look much different than the auction one. It's awfully tempting to throw one of mine up on ebay and see how it does. (Though I guess I'd have to call it "VF/NM" to really cash in.) :insane:

Last 9.8 GPA...

$13,000.00!

bats227-2.jpg

think GL 76, the bubble will burst.

For Bronze books (and most all Silver) the first to pay for a single top census book is the first to lose big. The TC 227 9.8 is not going to finish anywhere near 10K. Patience is a collector's best friend.

I couldn't agree more with you. What would you guess the hammer price to be? 5,6 or 7K?

+2!

I have believe this has always been the case with these common books. All we need do is to look back at the history of these sales to see that none of them have stood up to the test of time. :tonofbricks:

Like I have always said, it is way too early in the slabbing game to be paying top dollar for anything unless it is absolutely TOP GRADE and never likely to be exceeded. And for a BA book, that would be a real solid properly graded untouched 9.9 and nothing less. hm

13000? I must have missed that one. God that is retarded.

dont think of it in absolutes

think, would you spend 1 days pay to own this book, or say half a days pay?

so...if you worked in Chipotle...would you pay $140 for a 9.8 Bats 227

you probably would, same thing

and yes a lot of people make 13K a day

Well, it looks like the book is BACK. I guess the winner bidder from the previous auction attempt finally noticed the fine print and refused to pay.

From the looks of it, it appears there's a whole new bunch of folks who are bidding up this book without noticing the little tidbit about the tape :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/200634046509

13000? I must have missed that one. God that is retarded.

dont think of it in absolutes

think, would you spend 1 days pay to own this book, or say half a days pay?

so...if you worked in Chipotle...would you pay $140 for a 9.8 Bats 227

you probably would, same thing

and yes a lot of people make 13K a day

I understand that some people make a lot of money, but too much can still be too much. Making $10m a year doesn't mean that you get value for everything you buy if you buy indiscriminately.

IMO, a poor value purchase and it looks like I am not the only one that thinks so judging by the expectations by the posters above for the next copy to go half that price.