• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

I was in a similar situation to you and i cracked the book out and sent it in with the old label and the book came back as a 9.4 with the same PQ i.e cr to ow. I therefore repeated the process again with exactly the same results. My advice to you would be to buy another 9.6 with better page quality as nothing is guaranteed on a re-submit.

yup. A bad role of paper can give a book bad PQ right off the bat on some books. I have bought a large collection in the past with 99% white and a few ow and cream in there. They were all bought and stored together so there is a small variant in the PQ from production.

I've wondered about this too. Maybe the printer got a sub-standard roll of paper that month for this issue. I've seen very few slabbed copies of this book offered up for sale with White pages. Most have been a split of OW/W or CR/OW.

the feedback is appreciated everyone. I did call CGC to get the grading notes, to see how risky it would be to resub, no notes, graders had this at 9.6/9.6/9.4. If this was stronger (9.8, 9.6, 9.6) I would take the plunge and do a full resub, but I'm going to just hang on to her as is... :)

the feedback is appreciated everyone. I did call CGC to get the grading notes, to see how risky it would be to resub, no notes, graders had this at 9.6/9.6/9.4. If this was stronger (9.8, 9.6, 9.6) I would take the plunge and do a full resub, but I'm going to just hang on to her as is... :)

Until it starts to gnaw at you again anyway :)

Wise decision. (thumbs u

ok, so let me jump into this conversation about 227, and pose this question that I've been trying to answer myself for quite a while regarding my copy...

what would you do with this book if it was yours? I submitted it a few years back, along with a few other Bats in the 220s and 230s... Every other book came back with either W or OW-W, except this. At first I thought I'd leave it, its a great grade, and I can live with Cr-Ow right? But it started to gnaw at me, and I started thinking about a PQ resub. Then that lead to me thinking about a full resub, to see if I can get either grade or PQ bump (it really is a strong 9.6, and I thought maybe it could be 9.8 when first submitted). Then I think the risk is to high to do either (what it I mess it up removing from the slab, what if its damaged in mail, etc...), and I should just leave well enough alone, only to start getting the bug to resub sometime later.... so, what would you do?

Bats_227.jpg

You should sell it to me :):whistle:

At first I thought this was the copy that sold for $6800+ over at Comicconnect a couple of months ago. Looks like this is new. A real beaut. Too rich for me obviously.

No, JHV's book was just slabbed in August. I saw it in hand, a stunning book. I could not find a single flaw.

You can submit it for a PQ review and not have the grade change.

how is that possible? once they crack open the case to look at the pages how can they just stick it back under the old grade if they don't think it's that grade anymore? comic could have been damaged since slabbing, damaged when the slab was opened, damaged when they did the PQ check, etc.

You can submit it for a PQ review and not have the grade change.

how is that possible? once they crack open the case to look at the pages how can they just stick it back under the old grade if they don't think it's that grade anymore? comic could have been damaged since slabbing, damaged when the slab was opened, damaged when they did the PQ check, etc.

I don't know. Ask CGC..