• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

so if I factor out the back and forth bidding between him and the runner up the selling price is actually $500.00 as of now

So he returns the book for no reason, why wouldn't you block him and get his bids removed? Old saying, you get me once shame on you, you get me twice shame on me.

...again I have a 7 day return policy,...why would I block someone who abides by the rules that I set up?...up to now the only people I block are people with 0 feedback with accounts made up that day ,...non paying bidders....or people who bid huge amounts to find out how much the top bidder is going and then retract it with a bid wrong amount excuse,....if he returns a book a second time for no reason then yes, I probably would block him at that point, but I have never had that happen before,...this is the first return I've ever had , not counting non paying bidders

Edited by Rocketeer

My experience with fwertham has been pretty positive. I got the book for about 45 bucks cheaper than other folks were asking and after the PO raped my package fwertham returned some money without me asking so I could put the book in the shop. I have a few other books that need to go in and I was going to write it off as a cost of doing business.

He's a good seller in my book. I'd buy again. (thumbs u

100% agree besides the Joker, Ras is best Bat villain. :applause:

and talia al ghul has to be the hottest female in the batman universe. :luhv:

Speaking of Talia, how are prices on Tec #411 trending now? I still kick myself for not going through with a deal to buy the 9.6 copy on Clink for $820 a year or two ago..........

A very under rated book IMO. That book is a must have.

just listed my CGC SS 9.0 on eBay :whistle:

Just a small heads up. I checked out your Ebay stuff and noticed that your Iron Fist #15 does not have the #15 in the title. Just Iron Fist.

I am going to bid on three of your books on Ebay, after the Billy Wright auction is all done with. If I win my bids there, I won't be able to bid on yours unfortunatly. But I don't expect to win any Billys. :(

100% agree besides the Joker, Ras is best Bat villain. :applause:

and talia al ghul has to be the hottest female in the batman universe. :luhv:

Speaking of Talia, how are prices on Tec #411 trending now? I still kick myself for not going through with a deal to buy the 9.6 copy on Clink for $820 a year or two ago..........

A very under rated book IMO. That book is a must have.

just listed my CGC SS 9.0 on eBay :whistle:

Just a small heads up. I checked out your Ebay stuff and noticed that your Iron Fist #15 does not have the #15 in the title. Just Iron Fist.

I am going to bid on three of your books on Ebay, after the Billy Wright auction is all done with. If I win my bids there, I won't be able to bid on yours unfortunatly. But I don't expect to win any Billys. :(

Damn. Thxs for the heads up. I wonder if i can revise it still since bids have been placed.

Ah, so my next Neal Adams Bats acquisition came through today. :)

Still expensive for this issue but about 25$ less than then the guy bought it for back in October. Nothing special but I love this rendition of Batgirl and I really like the colors. And its awesome that someone got close enough to Batman to safety pin a big kick me sign on his back. :)

Plus its silver age, white pages and pedigreed. :cloud9:

$(KGrHqFHJBsE8hZYiwKBBPQGV2E-7!~~60_57.JPG

Edited by Walls

that is a super nice rendition of Batgirl by Neal...I can't remember where I see a nice copy that I almost wanted to bid recently but thank god for some restraint. I think it was the Twin Cities copy on Heritage.

I have always been an Adams fan, but just recently caught the bug again after seeing Brian48's signature line several times. These are the five I initially had to have,

Batman 227 (9.2-9.8 ow or better) GOT IT!!

Batman 232 (9.2-9.8 ow or better) GOT IT

Batman 241 (9.2-9.8 ow or better) After on CLINK

Batman 244 (9.2-9.8 ow or better) GOT IT

Batman 251 (9.2-9.8 ow or better) GOT IT

what are the other must have Adams Batman covers? (BM, Tec, B&B, etc)

Personally I always prefered Adam's Tec covers,...

#395,...very under rated

#413,...scared me as a child

and #416,..just love that green back ground

You should try to snag a nice copy of #411 right now as well before the prices get too crazy.

Personally I always prefered Adam's Tec covers,...

#395,...very under rated

#413,...scared me as a child

and #416,..just love that green back ground

You should try to snag a nice copy of #411 right now as well before the prices get too crazy.

you better hurry, because they are already getting cray cray in price and hard to find in HG. :ohnoez: