• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

i applaud neal for not "stan lee-ing" his CGC SS books. :golfclap:

That's because Neal appreciates the beatiful artwork that he did when he was in his prime. Stan Lee was just a writer. lol

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the books he cockroach'd, he actually wrote. Oh well, I guess he had to contribute somehow.

Tec #400 is an interesting book value wise. Prices have been higher due to the perceived scarcity in high grade, but it will be interesting to see how they hold over the long run as it is not one of the best Adams Batbook covers and the Man-bat is a minor (if that) character. I would rather have #395, 405 or 411 personally.

Funny, I think it is one of the best Adam's Tec books out there. I've always loved the cover and the story (always felt sorry for Man Bat).

I love the larger than life stances on the cover.

Tec #400 is an interesting book value wise. Prices have been higher due to the perceived scarcity in high grade, but it will be interesting to see how they hold over the long run as it is not one of the best Adams Batbook covers and the Man-bat is a minor (if that) character. I would rather have #395, 405 or 411 personally.

Funny, I think it is one of the best Adam's Tec books out there. I've always loved the cover and the story (always felt sorry for Man Bat).

To each their own. (thumbs u

It is funny how the Man Bat was given his own book shortly after a few appearances in Tec, but without the magic of Adams' artwork it was terminated very quickly..........

Wow, this thread died down pretty quickly after the 9.0 sale. Someone post some new Adams books quick! lol

just to get this thread moving again, I'll post this... while not a Bat book, it is Adam's first Green Lantern (cover only), 13 issues before 76...

GreenLantern_63.jpg

and to bring it back around to Bats, here is BMan with Deadman

Brave_andthe_Bold_79.jpg

My favorite!

I'm trying to fight my personal Adams addiction, but you guys are making it awfully tough by constantly posting kick *spoon* books. :sumo:

There is only one way to beat your addiction. You have to liquidate all of your Adams books here on the boards. :baiting:

Ya know, one of the things that I never understood is why Adams always drew Batman's cape like there's a blast of air coming from right beneath him. Maybe it works whens Bats is standing on the edge of a roof, but in a room with a plain floor?

Edited by Brian48

Nice. (thumbs u

+1. Please stop. You're gonna make me buy something. doh!

What are you actually missing? You should have a nice hoard in place by now. :baiting:

Trying to keep pace with Dover is a never ending challenge of monumental size. He inspires me and makes me a little more crazy each day. Still working on Bats/Tecs now, but it gets more difficult with every one I cross off the list. I'm also getting pickier in my old age, which makes it more difficult to locate quality material at a fair price.

Ya know, one of the things that I never understood is why Adams always drew Batman's cape like there's a blast of air coming from right beneath him. Maybe it works whens Bats is standing on the edge of a roof, but in a room with a plain floor?

He needs to have Robin or Batgirl put a bit of fabric softener on the next load of clothes they wash for him.

If the cloak is that bad imagine the tights. :sick: