• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Ah, so my next Neal Adams Bats acquisition came through today. :)

Still expensive for this issue but about 25$ less than then the guy bought it for back in October. Nothing special but I love this rendition of Batgirl and I really like the colors. And its awesome that someone got close enough to Batman to safety pin a big kick me sign on his back. :)

Plus its silver age, white pages and pedigreed. :cloud9:

$(KGrHqFHJBsE8hZYiwKBBPQGV2E-7!~~60_57.JPG

Just got this one in the mail today! It survived; however, the seller shipped it between two pieces of cardboard and in one of those stiff light cardboard envelopes. I'm really surprised the book survived the journey. Go figure.

Anyway, no problems for me just happy to have the book in one piece, rather than two.

Ah, so my next Neal Adams Bats acquisition came through today. :)

Still expensive for this issue but about 25$ less than then the guy bought it for back in October. Nothing special but I love this rendition of Batgirl and I really like the colors. And its awesome that someone got close enough to Batman to safety pin a big kick me sign on his back. :)

Plus its silver age, white pages and pedigreed. :cloud9:

$(KGrHqFHJBsE8hZYiwKBBPQGV2E-7!~~60_57.JPG

Just got this one in the mail today! It survived; however, the seller shipped it between two pieces of cardboard and in one of those stiff light cardboard envelopes. I'm really surprised the book survived the journey. Go figure.

Anyway, no problems for me just happy to have the book in one piece, rather than two.

Luckily your postal carrier didn't drop kick it.

I bought this issue in a shop back in the late 70's as a kid. I wish it was as nice as this one. Nice book!

Nice. (thumbs u

+1. Please stop. You're gonna make me buy something. doh!

What are you actually missing? You should have a nice hoard in place by now. :baiting:

Trying to keep pace with Dover is a never ending challenge of monumental size. He inspires me and makes me a little more crazy each day. Still working on Bats/Tecs now, but it gets more difficult with every one I cross off the list. I'm also getting pickier in my old age, which makes it more difficult to locate quality material at a fair price.

:whistle:

Ya know, one of the things that I never understood is why Adams always drew Batman's cape like there's a blast of air coming from right beneath him. Maybe it works whens Bats is standing on the edge of a roof, but in a room with a plain floor?

Its because Bruce Wayne really likes the beans.

Now lets see if the buyer follows through. :popcorn:

looks like the buyer of the $730 CGC 9.0 is now selling his under copy:

eBay stinky link

You sure it's the same person? Seems like a lot of work for just an incremental upgrade. At least it's alot of work for me. I'd shoot for at least a 9.2-9.4.

Edited by Brian48

Now lets see if the buyer follows through. :popcorn:

looks like the buyer of the $730 CGC 9.0 is now selling his under copy:

eBay stinky link

You sure it's the same person? Seems like a lot of work for just an incremental upgrade. At least it's alot of work for me. I'd shoot for at least a 9.2-9.4.

it's the same person.

My wife won one of your books. It is going into my birthday box. My birthday is in May.

She buys various comic books that I tell her I am interested in, and keeps them until my birthday. For Christmas, I just buy the books and give them to her to wrap.

It all works out well for me. No disappointments.. :)

Edited by conditionfreak

hammer prices:

batman 244 CGC SS 9.4 $399.00

'tec 411 CGC SS 9.0 $290.55

not bad.

makes up for the batman 240 CGC 9.4 don rosa selling for $113.49

I actually thought about bidding on that Don Rosa myself, but I already have a nice raw copy. Also, you gotta admit, it's not one of Adams' best covers. Very dull for some reason.

My wife won one of your books. It is going into my birthday box. My birthday is in May.

She buys various comic books that I tell her I am interested in, and keeps them until my birthday. For Christmas, I just buy the books and give them to her to wrap.

It all works out well for me. No disappointments.. :)

Was it the iron fist 15?

And thank you BTW if it is. I let the auction ride even due to error in listing. I paid way more for it from bronzebruce13.

Naw. It was the Cap 280 Winnipeg. My wife is very frugal. :)

I already have a couple of the Iron Fist #15's.

Well that was a steal too. All the books were steals that weren't CGC SS. (thumbs u