• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Smallville episode tonight

39 posts in this topic

You guys have to remember, this show has been produced on a somewhat limited budget. The new producers were the guys who worked on the "The Amanda Show" a while back for God's sake and Tom Welling has been executive producing for a while now(possibly cutting his salary to get this label) to keep the show on the air past eight seasons.

I felt like I waste 2 hours of my life. I can't believe there was no big fight with Darkseid, No close up of Clark in full costume. 1st hour was so dam slow, I was like maybe a lazer will hit the church or something, and then I was thinking is that "Glactus's home ship". Oh don't get me started on those stupid Smallville moments. And then to end it all in the last 3 minutes. What a serious let down. But I did like the homage to John Williams.

I felt like I was watching Titanic. First half was blah blah blah relationship. Then Iceberg!..I mean Apokolips!

I am rating it 3/ 5. I enjoyed it enough to think favorably.

I've watched the series faithfully since it began and I've enjoyed it overall. I was sorry to see it end but it was time.

I would have liked a little more action and less talking and angst, but I guess the budget has been dwindling. The final seven-years-later scene was a nice way to end. I still enjoy hearing the John Williams score and would have been disappointed if that hadn't been included at the end.

Junk. It would have been better even if Darkside turned into Amanda Bynes and did the Hillbilly skit she used to do on the show.

They hyped it enough so they had viewers. They could have budgeted in a good fight scene 6 months back. They could have showed Superman in his cape finally revealed to everyone standing there for a few seconds.

You guys have to remember, this show has been produced on a somewhat limited budget. The new producers were the guys who worked on the "The Amanda Show" a while back for God's sake and Tom Welling has been executive producing for a while now(possibly cutting his salary to get this label) to keep the show on the air past eight seasons.

It's well known that Tom Welling didn't want to be seen in the Superman costume... And he really wasn't. All the full body shots were CGI.

Disappointing series finale really. Superman counteracts the Omega effect when the people SEE him counter Apokolips, but what about everyone not in Metropolis?

Disappointing series finale really. Superman counteracts the Omega effect when the people SEE him counter Apokolips, but what about everyone not in Metropolis?

That's what I was hoping for, but it seems like people saw the light - literally - when Superman stopped the eclipse.

And did anyone else think that crystal montage was the most painfully long scene you've ever seen on television????

Junk. It would have been better even if Darkside turned into Amanda Bynes and did the Hillbilly skit she used to do on the show.

They hyped it enough so they had viewers. They could have budgeted in a good fight scene 6 months back. They could have showed Superman in his cape finally revealed to everyone standing there for a few seconds.

I have to admit I thought the Doomsday "fight scene" at the end of Season #8 was pretty mediocre, until everyone's opinion this episode's. Still haven't watched it yet. lol

Sucks, they couldn't get inventive with shots if it was a lack of money.

Watched that show for 10 years to get 120 seconds of "payoff?"

I call shenanigans.

Producers on that show, and the network should have said "Yes, Mr. Welling...we understand that you have a producing credit on this show too...but this isn't about what YOU want."

After 10 years the LEAST they could have done was give us some full shots of him in the suit. A half hour of him being Superman would have been great. I'd have settled for 15 minutes.

Way to go Sopranos on your fan base, Tom, CW, whatever.

That was depressing.

The Omega thing was stupid. There were no supervillains. Lex's minor part sucked. Tess's death was lame. Darkseid didn't really appear or have a significant part. I really hoped for the JLA to form and make an appearance. I also kinda was hoping for a Batman and Wonder Woman mention or cameo. I liked how Jonathan was there, but I wish Lana had shown up. I also wish that Jimmy at the end had a bit more of a background explanation as to his appearance.

That said, I quite enjoyed the part where they flashbacked to some of Clark's best moments.

There was this strange quasi-religious aspect to it that made me nauseous, but Lois is still hot.

I haven't watched Smallville since about season three.

But your post has inspired me to want to see this episode.

If I see it, my motivation will be spite.

We only go out of our way to spite the ones we honestly care for & you, Hand, qualify :)

PS it's so fish out of water feeling when you post in CG.

There was this strange quasi-religious aspect to it that made me nauseous, but Lois is still hot.

I haven't watched Smallville since about season three.

But your post has inspired me to want to see this episode.

If I see it, my motivation will be spite.

We only go out of our way to spite the ones we honestly care for & you, Hand, qualify :)

PS it's so fish out of water feeling when you post in CG.

It was also "Overwrought" at times.

So did I make you want to see it because of my religious comment or the Lois is hot comment?

That's what I was hoping for, but it seems like people saw the light - literally - when Superman stopped the eclipse.

And did anyone else think that crystal montage was the most painfully long scene you've ever seen on television????

So, all we really needed was Tinkerbell and everyone clapping to stop a Kirby god. hm

Just watched Season 10 and the final episode on DVD...

Overall I'm going to say I liked it but yet somewhat let down a little - it seemed rushed, the formation of the Justice League (or at least having them all come together to help him at the big ending) would have been very nice...

I liked to return of Lex but wish we had more time with him.

I really want to see a made for TV movie with the Justice League. Or a Green Arrow series would be nice.

Not many shows make it 10 years; it had it's up and downs but I'm an absolute fan!