• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

That Uncanny Tales 3 is cool. Black cover goodness.

You like it because it's a precode horror cover reprint of Men's Adventures #26. One reason I think the bronze cover looks better is because it's lacking those annoying side-bar conversations. I also think the bronze color looks more like decaying flesh; the precode is too bright for my tastes.

737_4_026.jpg

Hater! :baiting:

Although I agree the darker colors give it a creepier feel including the spotlight effect on the clock for emphasis, the recolored BA book looses a lot of that detailed Russ Heath linework that makes this cover :cloud9:

MensAdventures26Copy2.jpg

PS: I like the side panels!

Not a hater at all...just opinions. :)

You have a good point. After I posted it I said to myself--yeah, the Bronze book looks spookier (the clock effect was cool) but it wipes out a lot of the art work. After seeing the OA for HOM #234 and then the colored final, I noticed there was a bunch hiding behind the dark ink. Same for the SHSL #1.

I still hate the panels. It takes away from the primary image imho. :baiting:

Nice copy, there! :applause:

I know you're no hater! :foryou:

I guess I see the side panels as part of the charm on some of the Atlas books.

With the publishers trying to outdo/outsell each other I imagine this was their gimmik to show content.

Still more interesting than seeing the same old 3 hosts on the EC books!

How's the pre-code collection coming along? hm

Yeah, that time period marked an increase of publishers, titles, etc...so I'm sure it has more to do with competition...I was speaking more from an aesthetic perspective. It reminds me of those 100 pagers...3 or 4 trivial images that impact a much nicer image in the center of the book.

On the precode: steady as she goes. I think I'm up to 3-4 books now...which is why I'm taking a

hiatus from collecting for a while. I'm trying to find other things to occupy my time like house work, family time, etc.