• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

did you notice the $2500.00 price drop on HoM 176, Dallas Stevens copy on CLink??

You mean the HoM 179, Oakland copy? True, the label says it's from the Dallas Stephens/MH collection...and that's a travesty! doh!

Alas, it suffers from the common, misangled miswrap...not too many perfectly centered copies out there, but there are a few. :shy:

hom179_8_5.jpg

yes, you are right on the correction.

Now that is a nice book you show there Dr.

someone should put Brent's "friend" and that book out of its misery. Started out at like 35K, then 15K, then 8K, then 6K, then 4K, now its at a price that 9.4s sell at. Its the single highest graded copy of probably the most important DC bronze horror book (ok yeah the angular miswrap is disgusting).

It seems there are also 2 Oakland copies of this book, I know id rather prefer the other one...

2 Oakland copies, are you sure? There were very few dupes in the collection, and there were no HoM (or HoS) dupes on the list I got from Vinnie right after he started marketing the collection:

House of Mystery 174 NM- $100.00

House of Mystery 176 NM $65.00

House of Mystery 177 NM $65.00

House of Mystery 178 NM+ $75.00

House of Mystery 180 NM $49.00

House of Mystery 181 NM+ $49.00

House of Mystery 182 NM+ $65.00

House of Mystery 183 NM $50.00

House of Mystery 184 NM $35.00

House of Mystery 185 NM $35.00

House of Mystery 186 NM+ $35.00

House of Mystery 187 NM+ $35.00

House of Mystery 188 NM+ $35.00

House of Mystery 189 NM+ $40.00

House of Mystery 190 NM+ $30.00

House of Mystery 191 NM+ $40.00

House of Mystery 192 NM+ $39.00

House of Mystery 193 NM+ $36.00

House of Mystery 194 NM+ $40.00

House of Mystery 196 NM+ $30.00

House of Mystery 197 NM $39.00

House of Mystery 198 NM $30.00

House of Mystery 199 NM+ $36.00

House of Mystery 201 NM+ $36.00

House of Mystery 203 NM+ $36.00

Very, very nice looking Phantom Stranger 10 CGC 9.6 up right now in one of Jerry Weist's auctions, if I didnt already have a nice copy Id probably blow the bank out for it as it is one of Adams' best horror covers.

Yep, it's a beauty...and I'm hoping it flies under the radar, otherwise it won't come cheap! :shy:

too late.....

It seems my luck was in tonight. :banana: Got it for about half my top bid after I was outbid on the last one that sold in 9.6 on CC.

Very, very nice looking Phantom Stranger 10 CGC 9.6 up right now in one of Jerry Weist's auctions, if I didnt already have a nice copy Id probably blow the bank out for it as it is one of Adams' best horror covers.

Yep, it's a beauty...and I'm hoping it flies under the radar, otherwise it won't come cheap! :shy:

too late.....

It seems my luck was in tonight. :banana: Got it for about half my top bid after I was outbid on the last one that sold in 9.6 on CC.

I wonder who the under bidder was?

:whistle:

too late.....

$1200 bid on THAT book? Wow... you remind me of me... :doh:

If I am correct another board member has the Oakland copy of HOM 179 (same person who had the Oakland 175). Beautiful copy. I haven't heard of many multiple Oakland's either so I'm not sure however, maybe one of them isn't.

I know that there are two Oakland HOM 179...one hasn't been graded, and the other miswrapped monster has.

I would've loved to have bid on some of those books, but the prices relative to current fetch prices was too much, and I prefer not to have to win in a multiple lot situation, which was the case for the couple of lots I wanted.

too late.....

Cheap is no longer an option. :eek:

Let the pain begin!

:doh:

did you notice the $2500.00 price drop on HoM 176, Dallas Stevens copy on CLink??

I know for a fact that the seller needs money--that's his only motivation. I personally think it's a great deal and was offered a price even lower than that, but I can't afford it. Nice buy for someone, if you can get over the miswrap.

too late.....

Congrats, pretty book! :foryou:

I burned out because I had them all, and still have most all of it in storge in mid grade. I never needed the highest grade so there was nothing more for me to really talk about. Still my favorite era of comics though, even if I am quiet.

:)

this one has white pages... :o

HOM190 part Deux.

RAD36DB72010316_111215.jpg

I actually like the cut of the other one better, although the PQ is definitely A+.

I've actually gone in and out of buying moods (PQ vs QP, top census vs. 2nd highest)...I'm down to only 5 or so now on HOM...in the process of scanning books...I keep procrastinating

Yo Matthew....greggy my boy...hope you guys are doing good!