• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

I got it thrown in for free! sumo.gif

mad.gif

Let's see you buy 75 comics at once and not expect a deal! tongue.gif

Let's see YOU buy 75 comics at once! 893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

I'd like to know *who* had 75 comics that met greggy's standards. confused-smiley-013.gif

I got it thrown in for free! sumo.gif

mad.gif

Let's see you buy 75 comics at once and not expect a deal! tongue.gif

Let's see YOU buy 75 comics at once! 893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

I'd like to know *who* had 75 comics that met greggy's standards. confused-smiley-013.gif

Late 70s and early 80s DCs so who cares that they are only around VF or better! yay.gif

Is everyone here aware of the Official DC Bronze Horror Trading Post? Ok, that's not the real title of the thread but it can be found in the marketplace forum, or at the link above. As of this weekend Sterling was not aware of the thread, so I suspect it may be news to a few others as well.

hos91.jpg

I just bought a CGC 9.0 with off white to white pages for $52 off Ebay. I love this book.

643850-Bat237.jpg

Great looking copy, greggy.

I saw 2 or 3 nice copies of this book in Dallas, but they all had ridiculous prices on them.

I think this issue will be filed in the "Books I should have bought a year ago" section.

makepoint.gif

banner, what would you grade that HOS 91? Looks like a 9.0/9.2 from the scan. Very nice! Crazy that HOS 92 bombards you all the time, but a classic Adams cover (reminds me of Hitchcock's "The Birds") like this rarely shows up (in high grade).

banner, what would you grade that HOS 91? Looks like a 9.0/9.2 from the scan. Very nice! Crazy that HOS 92 bombards you all the time, but a classic Adams cover (reminds me of Hitchcock's "The Birds") like this rarely shows up (in high grade).

I believe I have it on my trade list as a VF+, but it is nicely centered with good color and cover gloss so on eye appeal it might get bumped up to 9.0-ish? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

639978-bat255.jpg

Good point, those cheesy side panels certainly do distract from the main image. Takes away from the classy look of what could have been a really nice cover.

How dare you downplay CRAZY QUILT!!

27_laughing.gif, He has gotta rank right up there with the worst , lame brain villians.

And yes I too have thought about how cool that book would be, if as you said.. it was an all Wolf/Bats, Neal Adams Cover.. thumbsup2.gif

The Art looks cropped, has anyone ever seen the Original Art for it?

Ze-

You can see the original art (plus Denise Richards wink.gif) in the December Playboy's article on original comic art. It is cropped a bit, but not much. The tag in the article says it is 11 x 17 and was traded recently for about $55k.

893applaud-thumb.gif The only defect I see is something in the LLC... or is that something else.

BOC is in 'da house! headbang.gif

how can you tell when noobies scan with their books still in the bag? confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif