• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,913 posts in this topic

Hey gang! Got back from the Mid-Ohio Con, and there were plenty of good horror books there this year. thumbsup2.gif

One dealer even had 5 long boxes of mostly BA and some modern horror all at 25% off tag. I completed my BA HoM run by getting a decent 243 for a whopping $2.50 shy.gif

I picked up 9 issues of GHOSTS that I needed, 7 of which were are now the nicest BA books in my collection. They are so nice that I am tempted to slab them 893whatthe.gif, you HG guys might be rubbing off on me a little too much! 27_laughing.gif

I could have picked up a lot more, but my girlfriend stopped me from buying any further BA as she told me I have several Witching Hours, Unexpecteds, and Ghosts awaiting me under this years Yule Tree. She didn't want me to duplicate! grin.gif

A couple dealers were "onto" HG BA horror, and had high prices on unslabbed books. Most dealers were priced to move, thankfully. I actually didn't notice any slabbed horror to mention, sorry fellas... crazy.gif

In a related genre, pre-code horror was out in droves. Longboxes of the stuff! Sadly, only 1% of this stuff was priced sanely. I only picked up 2 books from that era, even though I had mucho $ to spend for once. Dealers really need to go back and adjust their asking prices here, as these can be had on eBay for 1/3rd or even less of what they were asking.

wow---very cool Keith! Thanks for sharing.

Man, that would be very cool--walk in and see long boxes of HG BA Horror cloud9.gif

Sterling, show up in San Diego next July, you'll see plenty of that there. And I'll even let you take my place in the trenches in front of the best BA Horror boxes as I've dug them so deep over the past two years. Always fresh books though each year, so you won't be disappointed. Goes for you other guys too. If enough of us show up to San Diego next year we should also organize a BA Horror dinner in addition to the CGC Forum dinner. By the way Shiver, I think this year that you need to go. Don't try to get out of it again. yay.gifdevil.gif ----Sid

I could have picked up a lot more, but my girlfriend stopped me from buying any further BA as she told me I have several Witching Hours, Unexpecteds, and Ghosts awaiting me under this years Yule Tree. She didn't want me to duplicate! grin.gif

Keith,

It sounds as like you are going to have a truly HORRIFIC Christmas...um...ahh, you know what I mean! grin.gif

Anyone notice the huge influx of BA DC horror on ebay lately? Seems there have been several, near complete high grade runs of 20-cent and later issues of HoM, HoS, Witching Hour, etc.,. on ebay lately. Not that I'm complaining!!

Anyone notice the huge influx of BA DC horror on ebay lately? Seems there have been several, near complete high grade runs of 20-cent and later issues of HoM, HoS, Witching Hour, etc.,. on ebay lately. Not that I'm complaining!!

I saw jscomics and his HOM lot--the bidding got too frantic for me--even those 60 centers were going for $20 +... 893whatthe.gif so I bailed. Who was selling HOS and Witching Hours?

I did pick up a couple of nice Ghosts/Witching Hour from nochips; his grading is spot on...

I saw jscomics and his HOM lot--the bidding got too frantic for me--even those 60 centers were going for $20 +... 893whatthe.gif so I bailed. Who was selling HOS and Witching Hours?

I did pick up a couple of nice Ghosts/Witching Hour from nochips; his grading is spot on...

Yeah, Stu's books are pretty nice!

JS also sold runs of HoS and Witching Hour recently... gossip.gif

As always happens...people see the comics selling well and all of sudden they're everywhere. Just reinforces the notion that no late 60s and newer comics are all that rare in high grade... frustrated.gif

Jim

As always happens...people see the comics selling well and all of sudden they're everywhere. Just reinforces the notion that no late 60s and newer comics are all that rare in high grade... frustrated.gif

Jim

Exactly! No need to overpay too much. 893applaud-thumb.gif