• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

You can see the original art (plus Denise Richards wink.gif) in the December Playboy's article on original comic art. It is cropped a bit, but not much. The tag in the article says it is 11 x 17 and was traded recently for about $55k.

Looks like the Dec Playboy is becoming a must have. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Batman 255 cover or Denise Richards.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.... that's a tough one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know this has been posted before, but it is my favorite Red Circle cover (among some quality Morrow covers) and I finally got a high grade slabbed copy. I think it is the bright red and green cover scheme as well as the lighting/shading on the vampiress that do it for me.

Red Circle Sorcery 6:

645166-sorcery.jpg

645166-sorcery.jpg.8c64445f8e38ac389e66cee467a80388.jpg

Edited by Weird

I know this has been posted before, but it is my favorite Red Circle cover (among some quality Morrow covers) and I finally got a high grade slabbed copy. I think it is the bright red and green cover scheme as well as the lighting/shading on the vampiress that do it for me.

Red Circle Sorcery 6:

645166-sorcery.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I've stated in the past that this also was my favorite Red Circle cover for the reasons you say ( that underlighting really sets the mood) also for the unorthodox horror setting--a DJ booth?? Great concept! thumbsup2.gif

It's funny the census only has three copies graded and they are all 9.6s. I guess I am hoarding the issue, I have a raw VF/NM as well. Still need a couple of the Madhouses.

I'll try and post some cool stuff other than re-hashed covers for the thread. I just had to show off that book.

One thing you can never get matched in a census by is original art. grin.gif

This is the only HOM cover I have. I actually owned it before I owned a copy of the book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Quite a contrast between the two without the coloring. So much detail is lost in the printed cover. But the coloring definitely gives it the better look.

If anybody has some Bronze Age horror original art, please post it. I think that has really been missing from this otherwise great thread.

I am particularly interested in any Luis Dominguez covers. I have sniffed out as many I as could through normal routes, it would be nice to see what's being hidden away in private hands. shy.gif

HOM 234 by Ernie Chan:

houseofmystery234cov.jpg

I just received a huge pile of BA DC horror in the mail including several covers that I had not noticed before. Here is a really cool one that may or may not have been posted here before. I like this cover due to the several different elements. The haunted house interior, the practical jokers, the scared kid leading the way for the little girl, the bat in the window, the ghostly arms, the scary guy in the painting, this one has it all. Cool devil.gif .

646464-HoS.jpg

646464-HoS.jpg.b38e361430f0c0ef7dbd0c4455a6c466.jpg

i agree sid, that one is great! Dominguez was so good at setting mood. I love tthe cobwebs!

I grew up on Dominguez covers on the DC mystery books. I actually read in a later HOS issue's "House of Secrets SPEAKS" letter column that there was a general section of the reader audience that were tired of his covers. Go figure.

Ah, Deathlok, so that was you that outbid me on that Young Love 109?

Well, I must admit I'm a bit consoled by the fact that my high bid was WAY, WAY lower than yours!

But, still... 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

How is it that YOUNG LOVE pertains to horror? Oh, that's after you get married. foreheadslap.gif