• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,913 posts in this topic

I was going to try and snipe some of JS's HOM auctions but I got priced out way earlier than I expected. Oh well, I guess it is back to dredging for mis-listings and unknown EBay sellers.

Patience young grasshopper, these comics are not scarce by any means. Be thankful you didn't overpay. thumbsup2.gif

I was going to try and snipe some of JS's HOM auctions but I got priced out way earlier than I expected. Oh well, I guess it is back to dredging for mis-listings and unknown EBay sellers.

Patience young grasshopper, these comics are not scarce by any means. Be thankful you didn't overpay. thumbsup2.gif

Yep, patience is key. There will be others. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Actually, many of the later NM and better books went for below guide!?!? Of course those never end up being the ones we need, do they? frown.gif

Trust me, I never get sucked into the hype or bidding frenzy that can trap the EBay novice. I love getting deals almost as much as I like getting the comic...if that takes a month or a year, thats fine with me. He who laughs last, laughs the loudest and all is well that ends well. boo.gif

Recent pickup in super nice condition (looks unread) and a dynamite Gray Morrow cover! Interior contains text stories and spot illos. by varied artists including Brunner and Ploog.

655658-HauntOfHorrorDigest%231.jpg

Jayman - I got one about two months, too. It's also unread. This past August a dealer was trying to sell me another "unread" copy at a local show for $30. I got mine on eBay for approx. $9 including postage.

I read somewhere that these were a "warehouse" find. Can't remember where I read that for the life of me.... hell, it coulda been here! This thread has gotten longer than my memory! 27_laughing.gif

Still, VERY nice books, just not hard to come by I guess due to this "find." confused-smiley-013.gif

Guys, did you see this?

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.as...3DASC&id=593424

Wow! $525 bucks with cream to off-white pages AND a date stamp! And it sold in a matter of hours. If I wasn't earnestly working on a run of Ghosts, I'd put up my CGC 9.4 copy with ow/w pages for sale....

What do you think? Will more of these hit the Sarasota slabfactory and crawl out of woodwork now? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Guys, did you see this?

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.as...3DASC&id=593424

Wow! $525 bucks with cream to off-white pages AND a date stamp! And it sold in a matter of hours. If I wasn't earnestly working on a run of Ghosts, I'd put up my CGC 9.4 copy with ow/w pages for sale....

What do you think? Will more of these hit the Sarasota slabfactory and crawl out of woodwork now? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

I did pay $450 for it, so basically breaking even after 10% commission.

Luckily, I still have a CGC 9.4 White and a CGC 9.0 copy.

My ASM 71 CGC 9.6 sold pretty fast too.

Oh yeah, Jay! I agree! Warehouse or not, arround $10 is a good deal on that "Haunt."

thumbsup2.gif

Speaking of warehouse - Shivs - it would not surprise me if Koch had hundreds of that GHOSTS digest packed away somewhere...... BUT I have seen NO warehouse ones up for sale, compared to the "Haunt" that Jay and myself picked up..... Man, I'm just waiting! Hope they go for under $10 as well !!! wink.gif