• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,924 posts in this topic

Did I pay too much for Witching Hour 38 CGC 9.4?

No.

I paid more than I thought it would cost, But I have been wanting the highest graded 38 for a long time (well second best, I'm sure Greggy kept the best 9.4).

If Batman 238 9.4 ever comes up for auction, it's mine. Are you listening, Greggy?

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

I wonder who will end up with the Unexpected #197 in 9.6?

Quiet! Don't let Redf1shing (or whatever his name is) know!

Unexpected 197? Where? gossip.gif

Are you collecting horror now? I thought you were a 100 pager man?

BTW, did I mention that I just had a WH #38 grade in 9.8? devil.gif

just kidding.

Can't buy from you if i don't know you are selling. laugh.gif Send me a list of what you have for sale. I bought this one, even with the tanning, due to its appearance which i thought was pretty nice. Send me an email of what you have and maybe we can deal.

Definite printing/color error. Seen some copies with it, some without. Just my observation but without it seems "rarer".

Both my copies have the pink printing...

Jim

I've owned and seen many WWT 64's. Based on what I've seen, I would tend to agree with BOC's observation that the pink box is more common. Here is one without the pink box:

869758-wwt64.JPG

869758-wwt64.JPG.3b9beb74ca7f9e0c43dbdf24aaa9c373.JPG

In terms of Cain appearances, Nurse Melody has uncovered two issues of Blue Devil #20, #26, #29 and #30. If anyone has these issues I thought it would be cool to see it. It appears Cain appeared in a lot of unlikely places.

Weird, huh?

In terms of Cain appearances, Nurse Melody has uncovered two issues of Blue Devil #20, #26, #29 and #30. If anyone has these issues I thought it would be cool to see it. It appears Cain appeared in a lot of unlikely places.

Weird, huh?

bluedevil20dcnm1bl.jpg

izzat Cain there in the back?

confused-smiley-013.gif

you going to Hickory in two weeks, Ster?

Recent eBay pickup. It has light foxing on the back spine and was undergraded at 6.0. A nice pickup for only $6. I love this cover...

That's great Andy, surprisingly over the last few months I have also received several undergraded orders from Ebay dealers. People like to complain about overgraders, but if you do your homework, ask some questions, and with a little luck on your side, there are just about the same number of times you can be surprised on the upside as the downside. Some dealers ARE learning out there.

Recent eBay pickup. It has light foxing on the back spine and was undergraded at 6.0. A nice pickup for only $6. I love this cover...

That's great Andy, surprisingly over the last few months I have also received several undergraded orders from Ebay dealers. People like to complain about overgraders, but if you do your homework, ask some questions, and with a little luck on your side, there are just about the same number of times you can be surprised on the upside as the downside. Some dealers ARE learning out there.

I agree. I would say 80% of the stuff I get is within .5, 15% is undergraded by 1.0 or more and 5% is overgraded. I have been really happy lately, especially with my biggest purchase to date, the Silver Surfer 4 I posted in the grading forum. I was REALLY worried it wouldn't be a 7.0 as advertised, but it turned out to be at least an 7.5. If that had gone sour I would have been done with eBay for awhile.

I have a question for all the "Horror Freaks"...

Have you bought any books from...

Superworld or Metropolis raw?

How was their grading and service?

SW = poor graders, best to buy in person. Very nice ppl.

Metro = hit & miss. Good service.