• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

If I'm not mistaken I believe Donger is finishing up his highgrade Witching Run. If he only needed a few books and this one was one of them then I can understand. It may be awhile before another comes along.

He and I talk every week so we can avoid each other's want lists. He's about done with 1-30 or so in 9.4 or better. Although WH books are starting to become more available--the title--like most DC BA horror---is feast or famine. I've gone around for years looking for a book and then 4 become available all at one time (FTDM #10 for example).

I've identified about 70 books for the auction. 99% will have a bin, a select few will not. I'm having Red design a "Crazy" SC banner just for the event. insane.gif

He's been selling off so many books lately, as I'm sure you all know

He has a ton of raw books--he sells when he gets the CGC equivalent. In some cases he's lost interest in some genres (like ASM) and he sells those for his current fix. It's common and collectors do it all the time (I know I do).

Not to jump OT, or anything. But wasn't donger accused of shilling and cracking purple label books and selling them as unrestored?

Just curious, because I've avoided his auctions for a long time for some reason. confused-smiley-013.gif

not me smile.gif normally i don't post in the forum but every now and then old guy here's got to speak his piece.

few years back another ebayer and forumite accused me of shilling when i was a new seller. for those who have seen my auctions or bought from me you know i have an extensive collection with many duplicates. In my early selling days i would list a book that i had multiples of and would send the underbidder a notice about my other copies. Someone felt that looked like shilling and posted that here in the forum so i stopped that practice immediately. since then i try to allow a minimum of 2 to 3 listing rounds before posting a duplicate copy to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

couple months back under the General topic i had a bad dealing with another ebayer who didn't buy insurance on a $400 comic that got cracked in transit due to a packing issue. i offered 1st to pay for his reholdering but that wasn't satisfactory. I refused to refund his money initially and he took that gripe here to the forum where several members (and regular buyers) let me know so i could respond. ultimately, i refunded his money and sent the book back to cgc for reholdering. since then, each time this guy buys from any seller on ebay he posts feedback like 'unlike thedongerneedfood, this guy has ethics'. Me, i don't respond in kind as i know i did the right thing - above duty - in refunding his money.

many of the forum members buy from me regularly and can vouch for my ethic and integrity. anonymous sales only work for honest sellers (for the most part) and it'd be suicide to screw people if you're in the game long term. me, i'm a comic lifer.

thanks for listening to the rant! headbang.gif

and for the record...i'm only missing 3 issues now to complete my cgc 9.4 or better 1-40 run smile.gif hence the crazy! we've all been drunken sailors from time to time....anyone here care to admit what they paid for a 9.4 or 9.6 copy of iron fist 14 before the 1st xmen movie broke?
Which 3 issues? popcorn.gif

and for the record...i'm only missing 3 issues now to complete my cgc 9.4 or better 1-40 run

Awesome!! headbang.gif I can personally vouch that we've had great dealings, selling books back and forth and avoiding auctions---not that it is helping all of these prices... foreheadslap.gif

I have bought from Donger lots of times and find him to be one of the best sellars. I love this board because you never know who is watching and who might pop in with something to add. Nice to see you post.

gossip.gif Thanks for your recent purchases! All three books should be at your door by next Wednesday! headbang.gif