• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Wait a minute, a 92. Yeah, I can seem people bidding on it. I wouldn't in a million years but other people? Yep. definitely could see that.

Already at half guide, including the shipping. Maybe the PLOD isn't as big a turnoff at lower grades.

oooh, dungeon...i have one of those...do you come here often?

i dunno, that is a difficult issue to find (at the right price!)...dealers always have this issue way overpriced, imho...so that auction isn't bizarre to me...

it's the 9.4's (non HoS#92) that go for 350$+ that i sell raw 9.2/9.4 for 50-60$ that i find a bit crazy...

Im new to the bronze. Ive always been fascinated by the horror books but alas, its too late for me to start collecting them. It would cost an island and I wouldnt even know where to begin.

Sounds good. Less competition. Have a nice day. 27_laughing.gif

Im new to the bronze. Ive always been fascinated by the horror books but alas, its too late for me to start collecting them. It would cost an island and I wouldnt even know where to begin.

BA Horror is cheap on any book really past 1975 certified or raw, and even pre 1975 books are VERY reasonable on 9.0 and 9.2 books.

You can start by hitting BIN on my auctions...CGC books at very nice prices!

only if you can get it for under $6299.00....

unfortunately, some of these comics can be expensive, but you can find decent ones for cheap! just not high grade cgc'd books! i would suggest starting with house of mystery or house of secrets or witching hour on ebay in lots for 1-3$ each...i mean find a lot of about 20, and bid 20-60$...you will win some...and sometimes you can find nice comics!...for cheap!

of course there are the members of this board that have tons and are always looking to buy/sell/trade...just ask a bit...

I was looking at the census numbers for Witching Hour this evening and found just how tough issues 4,6-10 are in high grade. I knew they were hard to come by in nice shape but after looking at the census I see just how tough they are as of now. I will post the census numbers below and would like some thoughts. Out of these 6 early issues of WH only 1 issue grades a 9.6 as of now. Even with the red hot DC Bronze Horror prices being attained this is all that has come out. Are people sitting on these high grade issues or are they just that rare? I'm a 9.2 man so I haven't paid much attention to grades over 9.2. Are these numbers pretty much in line with all other DC horror from that time period? I didn't have time to look at other census numbers so someone can fill me in maybe.

Also, why do issues 2 and 3 have so many more graded than the others? Was a stash of these 2 issues found somewhere? Issue 3 has 18 graded copies above 9.2 and seems to come up for sale pretty often on ebay.

After looking at these numbers I wondered how much an issue number 4 in 9.2 or 9.4 might bring. That has to be one of the hardest to find bronze horror books in nm I would think in looking at the numbers. None grade higher than a 9.0 yet. Maybe Donger or Sterling can fill me in.

Issue.......Grade......Number of issues graded since 11/7/05 update

WH 1-10 is a pain. I've seen these early issues go for between $300 and $750 in 9.4 or 9.6 depending on who was in the market at one given time. #1 has literally DOUBLED in price in the last two years. I obtained a #1 9.4 for $450 in 2003; now it would cost me $1k to do it. I feel like an arse for selling my 9.4...but when I get another copy I'm going for a 9.6. The last one on comiclink did not have good registration (that and a $1500 price tag!).

This is one reason why I've decided to keep my 9.2s until I get upgrades; donger (Guy) is one of the first people I've heard complete the early issues in CGC high grade. #3 and #9 are the only 1-10 issues I have in 9.4 or better. #11-#20 are strong. After #20 prices dip down dramatically. I've noticed an upward trend of the 20cent issues. Some of these have been going for < $100 but with recent collectors coming in the prices seem to be about $140+ for CGC 9.4 issues.

Keep in mind that the data you are observing is out of date...#5 has a 9.6 because one just sold on Heritage recently....but I agree with your assessment on #4. #2 and #3 seem plentiful as the census indicates. I'm suspecting that there are lots of copies of other "scarce" issues out there but no one has bothered to notice the trend. I'm kinda getting tired of waiting, which is why I focus away from titles that frustrate me-this being one of them.

I saw who was bidding on the early WH you had up and I didn't even bother to bid. I know their pockets are deeper than mine so why try. I wonder if that scared off other bidders as well. I wanted that WH10 you had up but my snipe failed.

Heroes had a HUGE HUGE stash of high grade Witching Hour 3's. Many/most had poor page quality. However I suspect many of the HG copies came out of their batch. 3 is by far the easiest copy to get below issue 15.