• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Quick question: Cassandra (the blind woman that follows PS around fighting the Dark Circle)...how did they meet and which issue?

She arrives in one of Wein's first issues, #17. She's the "supporting character" I was referring to as returning in the final few issues of the series. thumbsup2.gif

1389945-ps17.jpg

1389945-ps17.jpg.bb5c3bec6e46dec8a4616089edc5548a.jpg

Edited by Zonker

Cassandra is in the final 2 issues, #40 and #41. #39 is a set-up issue that explains what Deadman is doing hanging around. All three have scripts by Levitz and art by Fred Carillo. Carillo is no Jim Aparo, but I find his work much better suited to the Stranger strip than was Gerry Talaoc's. (I thought Talaoc was just fine for Unknown Soldier, though).

Incidentally, Cassandra Craft is still kicking around the DCU. She and PS figure in the recent Grant Morrison 7 Soldiers project featuring Zatanna. If you like those wordy PS monologues, you'll love his entrance in the last panel of Zatanna #2. Get Shelton to pull you a copy next time you stop by Heroes. It's a hoot!

I like Talaoc on US as well... thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the info!

The guys on the DC Yahoo war list seem pretty iffy on Talaoc but I always liked him a lot on Unknown Soldier too! thumbsup2.gif

It's weird how I can be so familiar with PS 26 (and have been for years) yet somehow really missed #22. I now think #22 is really, really cool. Thanks for posting.

Marc

OK, I'm asking more stupid questions but it's only b/c I'm reading between the covers tongue.gif

Dr. 13 is a character I first became introduced in the Ghosts series, along wirth the Spectre I might add (which I know comes all the way from GA). If I'm not mistaken isn't Dr. 13 an old DC character as well? Anyone with more info on this would be appreciated. Once I'm done collecting the BA issues I may swing back into time and collect appearances from these characters.

Hey, did they kill off Dr. 13 recently? From Wikopedia:

"In the first issue of Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers miniseries Zatanna, Dr. Thirteen had until recently been dating the title heroine. Morrison's take on Thirteen's perceptions is slightly different; while exploring a mystical realm with Zatanna and others, he accepts what is happening, but explains it in terms of physics, rather than magic. However, during this exploration he, and everyone else involved except Zatanna, is killed."

If so, posting up his grand exit would be appreciated. If he is gone I bet he wishes he is a ghost now!

BADRN001.jpg

Also, in terms of appearances, I have the following titles:

[*]Star Spangled Comics 122-130

[*]Ghosts xx-xx

[*]Phantom Stranger xx-xx

[*]Zatanna (Seven Soldiers) #1

Anywhere else?

Phantom Stranger 26 CGC 9.6....Frankie and Company

1389439-phantomstranger_26_cgc_9_6_white_0763989019_a.jpg

The thing I've always loved about that cover, besides the fact that's it's a EDIT - Kaluta cover is how not being able to see the ground really helps sets the mood that the ledge is way high. Very cool effect, imo.

Edited by Jeffro

Phantom Stranger 26 CGC 9.6....Frankie and Company

1389439-phantomstranger_26_cgc_9_6_white_0763989019_a.jpg

The thing I've always loved about that cover, besides the fact that's it's a Wrightson is how not being able to see the ground really helps sets the mood that the ledge is way high. Very cool effect, imo.

It's a Kaluta cover! gossip.gif

Hey guys,

Since nearmint posted his plaque for the CGC awards I'd thought I'd do it here---appropriate since the set in question is bronze age horror.

It's amazing that after 4+ years i've still not completed the set, although I would be real close were it not due to some stiff competition. I'd like to take a moment and thank those that I've met here and been able to share my love for the genre...it definitely makes it more fun to share.

Hopefully you guys can help me close the gap on missing issues so I can wrap the series up...I'd love to branch out in other areas but I'm the kind of guy that wants to "finish what he starts" before branching out. One exception is my interest in collecting Jonah Hex and Weird Western Tales...I love those westerns growing up.

Cheers!

Sterling

1399279-cgc_plaque_hom.jpg

1399279-cgc_plaque_hom.jpg.7ccfd23c036dd2f128963793876a58d9.jpg