• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

I wondered who snagged that in a heartbeat.

Your little song and dance about letting $25 or $50 stopping you getting a book (regarding HOM 179) sprung to my mind, so I hit the BIN. The status in the census and it being a PC copy helped settle that "Real Quick". If it was a later issue I would've picked and poked at the bid, but not these earlier issues.

I was actually thinking about it but was waiting on the Metro prices on the new CGC books. Glad I waited.

What's been HTF in Witching Hour? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1-10 is generally very difficult...although #3 seems to be more common...and #4 being the antithesis of #3...just not a lot of hg slabs of these issues in general. I don't generally find these as often as the other DC titles....what say you guys?

I have a Don Rosa copy that I think should grade at least 9.4...but I could not turn down the beautiful cut on this one. Oh yeah, and the cover totally kicks *spoon* *spoon*!!! yay.gif

1644460-weirdwartales_024_cgc_9_6_white_0141966025_a.jpg

That is indeed a great cover and beautiful copy!

1-10 is generally very difficult...although #3 seems to be more common...and #4 being the antithesis of #3...just not a lot of hg slabs of these issues in general. I don't generally find these as often as the other DC titles....what say you guys?

#3 was a warehouse find, wasn't it?

WH analysis

#33 and 49 jump out at me on VM's analysis with a max graded issue at only 9.0. And #49 has only one graded copy, the 9.0!

#56, 65, and 73 each only have one graded copy at 9.2. #85, the last issue, also only has one graded issue but at least it's a 9.4.

Issue #3 does look surprisingly plentiful, especially in contrast to #4.

Do you guys have a good collection of WH in raw form? The census looks pretty sparse for more than a person or two to have much of a slabbed run! 893whatthe.gif

#3 was a warehouse find, wasn't it?

Census seems to suggest that it could be! thumbsup2.gif

The census looks pretty sparse for more than a person or two to have much of a slabbed run! 893whatthe.gif

This seems realistic. There were two people attempting a full run...me and Guy (donger). He's selling his, so I pretty much have the lion's share of the run...and I'm still quite a bit off from completion. Even after the acquisition I'm only sitting at 70% completion for the series. Out of all of the DC bronze horror titles yet to "break out"...Witching Hour is definitely one of those ready to awaken. There are still lots of Cardy fans that make competition for these books pretty fierce.

My run for DC books has run dry this past year (supply has increased but only books that I didn't need)...so much so that I started Gold Key and got back into Marvel.

I'm also interested in the supernatural/superhero cross over genre books...as per our previous discussion. It doesn't hurt that many of these books feature Adams/Wrightson covers thumbsup2.gif

My run for DC books has run dry this past year (supply has increased but only books that I didn't need)...so much so that I started Gold Key and got back into Marvel.

I thought you had curtailed your buying?

Jim

I thought you had curtailed your buying?

Jim

Yes I have. I was talking about 2006 (GK/Marvels). This year will be a trickle compared to last year (wraping up 2 or 3 big buys now). The histogram shows all of my work from 2002 to present.

Way to go on that Doorway to Nightmare at 100%! hail.gif

poke2.gif

Seriously though, that's some serious progress on a lot of titles! thumbsup2.gif

I think I made fun about that on another board that all of these years and I can say I've completed exactly one run (and a wimpy 5 issue run at that)...and even that has been overshadowed by someone else on the registry. foreheadslap.gif