• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,924 posts in this topic

Yeah, the series was stop and go until they finally agreed to crank it up with issue 15. I wonder what the publication counts were for 2-14. Based on what I'm seeing, it can't be good. Ze-man's publication counts for the HOM dollar issues reflect my difficulty in finding those in good shape, so if we extrapulate from what we know of HOM then the story is bound to be similar for the other titles. I didn't think about correlating the dates across comics, but it all makes sense.

Hey gang! I'm asking DeeDee to do a consignment piece for the House of Mystery...looking for good pics to use as a reference for the house (preferably steps) and Cain and Abel....which ones do you think stand out?

I basically want the Haunted Pumpkin (that's my term--referring to SOHH 5 and HOM 256) scaring Abel on the steps, with Cain holding his book on the steps of the house....

A rough idea except I want the camera to be low on the bottom steps...looking up at the ominous house.

B315B001.jpg

SPOILER ALERT

HOM 186 stands bar none in terms of story art and content. I've said this before, but if you can only buy one HOM book...#186 should be right up there.

B3111186-sm.jpg

House of Mystery #186

"Nightmare"

Credits: Jack Oleck (-script), Neal Adams (Pencils), Neal Adams (Inks)

My Rating: star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif

Synopsis: Judy is a lonely child...and her vivid imagination (or is it?) comes to her rescue. Out in the garden is a stone statue of Pan...who comes to life to fill her world with wonder. The grownups don't understand (one of which is aptly named Ms. Winter) and feels she is being foolish when she mentions her new friend...and over the days...she becomes ill...interweaving in and out of sleep and playing with Pan in the night. Eventually, Pan convinces Judy to come with him with his world...and it is a wonderful place...unicorns, sweet warm air...

But Pan tells Judy NOT to go through the door in the wall. Over time, she gets bored and goes into the door...only to be transported in a hellish place that is truly frightening. Pan saves her, but this forces him to return her to the real world. Upon returning, her fever has been broken, but she still believes in Pan. Her dad takes her out to the statue...for her to GROW UP. I leave you with the final page.

1655542-nightmare.jpg

1655542-nightmare.jpg.1f1dc17cef35e19b882832efcc699834.jpg

I gotta get that HofM Showcase. Doesn't it cover issues #174 - #194 ??

Certainly does. Going to reread that story asap....

That reminds me...Amazon indicates that vol 2 of Showcase HOM should be out in Februrary...but it isn't listed as being available yet? Does anyone have the scoop?

upgrades (to 9.2 territory) on these.. still searching for 9.4s of these early issues 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

wmd01xz7.jpg

wmd03lj7.jpg

wmd05wu9.jpg

(that last one is a cracked slab.. I've decided to let 9.2s live cloud9.gif )

Edited by gaute

Hi guys! With your kind permission, just a quick ad... shy.gif

I'm going to have a DC BA horror sale in the marketplace forum this weekend. No 9.4s, but a number of nice mid-to-high-grade books, and lots of classic covers by Wrightson, Adams, Kaluta et al. Aiming to kick off around 3 pm Sunday, barring anything unforeseen.

Thanks!

Jon

Although most of these monster's names were kind of corny, I think "Monsteroso" was just a blatant excuse for having no interest at all for this issue!

27_laughing.gif

"He's trying to destroy the United Nations building!"

Ah, Monsteroso! A monster for the anti- New World Order conspiracy fringe. grin.gif

A little OT, but I found a new station on my satellite called "Chiller"...they run the old classics as well as the newer stuff...everything horror and suspense. Thought I'd pass it along.

I'm watching "Night Gallery", which is hosted by Rod Serling. I've heard about the show, but I have never seen an episode. This episode "Make Me Laugh" was directed by Steven Spielburg. 893whatthe.gif