• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

Just a thought, Redhook...Are we (collectively) just passively waiting for CGG to volunteer a response about the scan? Or has ANYONE here actually written to them directly and specifically requested a response about it?

Hi Hawk,

I wrote them today. A very civilized email I might add.

Brad

So you've called CGG yourself and asked these questions?

Nope, but Doug (comicmanager on the boards) did a few weeks ago because a number of customers were curious about CGG and what their holder was made of.

He relayed his experiences to me again yesterday when I was in to pick up my new books, which is why I brought it up.

Kevin

Great! second hand information!

who cares? who the hell presses modern book?

If you had a chance to press an Amazing Spider-Man #300 and turn it from, let's say, a 9.4 to a 9.8, would you? That's going from a $100 sale to almost $1000.

What does pressing correct again? and cummon, thats not likely. Grading modern books is a Carp shoot with cgc

So you've called CGG yourself and asked these questions?

Nope, but Doug (comicmanager on the boards) did a few weeks ago because a number of customers were curious about CGG and what their holder was made of.

He relayed his experiences to me again yesterday when I was in to pick up my new books, which is why I brought it up.

Kevin

Great! second hand information!

Ive met doug and he is a pretty honest guy so this second hand information is pretty accurate comming from Doug

All I can say about CGG is that with my experience with modern books, they are much more conservative! even the couple silver books i own, its very conservatively graded. I mainly collect modern and bronze anyway so i really dont have to worry about restoration issues.

Undergrading does not equate conservative grading !!!

All I can say about CGG is that with my experience with modern books, they are much more conservative! even the couple silver books i own, its very conservatively graded. I mainly collect modern and bronze anyway so i really dont have to worry about restoration issues.

I like both CGG and CGC and use them both. I do like the CGG case a little better.

How can you tell the difference aside from the label? Didn't CGG do a good enuf job of copying CGC down to the case, that you can't tell them apart sans chemical analysis?

I'm not even going to dignify that moronic post with a direct response.

Between you (THE SCAN) and Kev (copyright and holders) CGG is the Great White Whale. insane.gif

Looks more like the Titanic to me... damn april fool's jokes get way outta hand... 893frustrated.gif

WHAT?? THAT IS CONSERVATIVE GRADING! WUSS!

I like both CGG and CGC and use them both. I do like the CGG case a little better.

How can you tell the difference aside from the label? Didn't CGG do a good enuf job of copying CGC down to the case, that you can't tell them apart sans chemical analysis?

Have you ever owned a CGG?? the case is much more rigid!!

WHAT?? THAT IS CONSERVATIVE GRADING! WUSS!
sleeping.gif

Yes I have owned a CGG book... Marvel Premiere 15: Iron Fist graded 8.5 VF+; was only the flimsy inner well then. No hard shell out yet. So I tried them out when they first came out and was sorely disappointed in grading assessment and quality of material encasing my book. It only took one CGG experience to realize that there is no need to ever go back....

Yes I have owned a CGG book... Marvel Premiere 15: Iron Fist graded 8.5 VF+; was only the flimsy inner well then. No hard shell out yet. So I tried them out when they first came out and was sorely disappointed in grading assessment and quality of material encasing my book. It only took one CGG experience to realize that there is no need to ever go back....

Did you feel the MP #15 was fairly graded? And have you sent it in to CGC for comparison?

Here is an excellent example of the type of person of which I wrote of earlier today.

An individual that hops on a chatboard, comes up with a witty nickname for himself and anonymously posts on said chatboard - making statements, trolling, calling people names and such, without ever having to take responsibility for it. Until, eventually, he gets himself banned by an administrator, tries to come back with a new even wittier nickname for himself, and starts the whole ball rolling again.

Must be all that chlorine gas.

Kev

I thought this deserved repeating. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Careful Kevin. He's a law student. Ergo, he knows everything.

Here is an excellent example of the type of person of which I wrote of earlier today.

An individual that hops on a chatboard, comes up with a witty nickname for himself and anonymously posts on said chatboard - making statements, trolling, calling people names and such, without ever having to take responsibility for it. Until, eventually, he gets himself banned by an administrator, tries to come back with a new even wittier nickname for himself, and starts the whole ball rolling again.

Must be all that chrorine gas.

Kev

My daughter is 14 and she knows everything as well.insane.gif

Careful Kevin. He's a law student. Ergo, he knows everything.

Kev

Kev

With you there on that one Kev. thumbsup2.gif

good thing science doesnt conduct studies on one result or else wed still be in the stoneage just like you . shuttup darthtard!