• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

The bottom line, RS, is that with 502 posts worth of illiterate babble under your belt, you've done more to destroy CGGs reputation than anyone or anything else on the boards.

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Im just tired of seeing spine impressions on my cgc 9.8 books. Its hideous. make my moderns cgg!

Then you like a harder grader like CGG on moderns so do I thumbsup2.gif

Between you (THE SCAN) and Kev (copyright and holders) CGG is the Great White Whale. insane.gif

Don't flatter CGG. More like hunting the dodo bird... makepoint.gif

If they are dodo birds. Why all the fuss about the inner well the case 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why did Steve right away post what cgc's inner well was made from: think: To stop the I think it blank no I think its Blank and blank. There is no where on the CGC web site that gives the exact info on the chemical makeup of the CGC case. Why should CGG give out it chemical makeup of it case CGC does not do it.

Because they don't feel the need to "hide" that information.

Kev why are you so anti CGG First copyright lawsuit on the case now the toxic holder.

Because they are hacks, an April Fool's joke, and they are making money by superficially copying a legitimate grading service and now, because they use material that has been avoided and kept that information to themselves until someone had to pay a significant amount of money to find out for themselves just what it was...

Do worry CGC will still do the Toronto Comic Con. You don’t have to blast CGG. This will not get your CGC’s back too you any faster or up your grades. I can wait to see the day when a couple of big comic sellers start selling CGG with there CGC's your head will explode

They are obviously smart enough to spend a little time and money investigating CGG before they support the service.

I have never had any worries about CGC not doing the Toronto con. Actually... I dare CGG to actually come to the show and make a public appearance and try to go head to head with CGC at a convention.

Let me get this straight - I have not submitted any books to CGC (not CGG) for grading since last fall and I have no books with them or about to go with them.

I don't believe that posting information that people deserve to know will affect my status with CGC in any way.

Kev

So you've called CGG yourself and asked these questions?

Nope, but Doug (comicmanager on the boards) did a few weeks ago because a number of customers were curious about CGG and what their holder was made of.

He relayed his experiences to me again yesterday when I was in to pick up my new books, which is why I brought it up.

Kevin

So you've called CGG yourself and asked these questions?

Nope, but Doug (comicmanager on the boards) did a few weeks ago because a number of customers were curious about CGG and what their holder was made of.

He relayed his experiences to me again yesterday when I was in to pick up my new books, which is why I brought it up.

Kevin

Who's "Kevin Boyd" and what have you done with KEVTHEMEV!!! tongue.gif27_laughing.gif

Who's "Kevin Boyd" and what have you done with KEVTHEMEV!!!

Hey Dave,

So many people set up IDs on this board and others like it without giving out their identities, but feel free to openly criticize others and hide behind their anonymity...

I just didn't feel like I needed that safety net, and since I've never really kept my name hidden on my member information (and I didn't really like being called Mr. Mev!) I thought why not just put my name out there instead of a nickname.

KB

who cares? who the hell presses modern book?

If you had a chance to press an Amazing Spider-Man #300 and turn it from, let's say, a 9.4 to a 9.8, would you? That's going from a $100 sale to almost $1000.

Still with the scan please 893frustrated.gif

RS, you are in a serious state of denial. Yes, still with the scan.....

Until they answer why they submitted a bogus scan!

Just a thought, Redhook...Are we (collectively) just passively waiting for CGG to volunteer a response about the scan? Or has ANYONE here actually written to them directly and specifically requested a response about it?

kevin

on on unrelated note, i was thinking of visiting toronto this summer, and it might fall around the time of the comicon. what do you think my chances are of walking away with a commissioned piece from will eisner that weekend?

Might be tough, I know he rarely draws at conventions. I was told that he feels that if he draws for one person then he has to draw for everyone, and at his age he does not want to draw for everyone.

My advice would be to go to his website www.willeisner.com and you could try to contact him in advance by e-mail (if his e-mail isn't there let me know - send me an e-mail and I'll forward it to him). He might be able to do one for you at home and bring it with him to the show.

On top of that, you will definitely get to meet him, and I'm sure he will sign whatever you put in front of him and he loves taking pictures with fans. He'll be speaking on Friday night, signing all Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday, and he'll be giving another seminar on story development and pacing on Sunday.

Kev