• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG (not CGC) holder professionally tested PLASTIC NOT ARCHIVAL!!!

411 posts in this topic

Playschool.jpg
obviously youre an insufficiently_thoughtful_person because insufficiently_thoughtful_persons always relate economics to stocks, anyway ill indulge in your tardy challenge. if the federal board of governors headed by the chairman raises the discount rate, it effects all lending rates, the prime rate, fed funds rate, mortgage rate. this makes it more expensive to borrow money, including corporate bonds. This makes consumption in the private sector harder with captial being relatively more expensive in comparison prior to the rate hike. Less consumption=less GDP=less profits=less income=less consumption and so forth. thats the explanation for tards like you to understand. but i still doubt you will. ! ITs much more complex than that, and i could go on forever seeing that im a genius, but ill just be wasting precious minutes talking to insufficiently_thoughtful_persons like you who speculate on tech stocks! !

The continued use of "" over and over again as an insult is really redundant at this point, but he does have some understanding of economics..... confused-smiley-013.gif

That's high school level economics, and nothing you couldn't pick up watching CNBC. It's the insults that invalidate anything he has to say. That's my point. There is no need for that.

How about this as a revival: I got this response from the Library of Congress today:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Scott

[Question]:

Question History:

Patron: Is it safe to store a comic book in a bag or container made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC)?

Librarian 1: April 16, 2004

Dear Scott,

We do not recommend the use of PVC plastics for the storage of comic books or any other historic paper based material. Plastic enclosures are preferred for frequently used collections because they protect them from fingerprints and provide physical support. Plastic enclosures should be made from plastics such as polyester, polyethylene, polypropylene, spun-bonded polyolefins, or polystyrene. These plastics are recommended by ISO standards because they are typically inert, unplasticized, and have good chemical stability. Since many paper materials can adhere to smooth surfaces at high humidities, use of plastic of any type should be avoided if prolonged storage at relative humidities above 80% is likely. Avoid all plastics that have fillers, coatings, or UV absorbers. Avoid the use of polyester, polyethylene, and polypropylene that has a hazy film on the surface, which indicates that the plastic film is coated or is heavily plasticized. Avoid using adhesives or fasteners that may cause chemical or physical damage, such as rubber cement, pressure-sensitive tape, paper clips, or rubber bands.

Carrie Beyer

Preservation Directorate

Library of Congress

Washington, D.C. 20540-4560

cbey@loc.gov

Can anyone post the "This thread is Dead, Jim" pic? 27_laughing.gif

How about this as a revival: I got this response from the Library of Congress today:

Hello Scott

[Question]:

Question History:

Patron: Is it safe to store a comic book in a bag or container made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC)?

Dear Scott,

We do not recommend the use of PVC plastics for the storage of comic books or any other historic paper based material. Plastic enclosures are preferred for frequently used collections because they protect them from fingerprints and provide physical support. Plastic enclosures should be made from plastics such as polyester, polyethylene, polypropylene, spun-bonded polyolefins, or polystyrene. These plastics are recommended by ISO standards because they are typically inert, unplasticized, and have good chemical stability. Since many paper materials can adhere to smooth surfaces at high humidities, use of plastic of any type should be avoided if prolonged storage at relative humidities above 80% is likely. Avoid all plastics that have fillers, coatings, or UV absorbers. Avoid the use of polyester, polyethylene, and polypropylene that has a hazy film on the surface, which indicates that the plastic film is coated or is heavily plasticized. Avoid using adhesives or fasteners that may cause chemical or physical damage, such as rubber cement, pressure-sensitive tape, paper clips, or rubber bands.

Carrie Beyer

Preservation Directorate

Library of Congress

cbey@loc.gov

Um... is there where someone points out that Barex isn't one of the recommended materials either?

Barex 210 is an archival quality material. I have sent a follow-up question just to be sure, but there is no real question about this one. I don't think Carrie's list was meant to be exhaustive.

Hello Scott

[Question]:

Question History:

Dear Scott,

Carrie Beyer

Preservation Directorate

Library of Congress

cbey@loc.gov

Um... is there where someone points out that Barex isn't one of the recommended materials either?

CGG sure has made a case with Sid in a Email they sent to him from Daniel. I personally beleive they (CGG) are legit in there own minds! Waiting Patiently for there reply to Redhook.If I have missed that please let me know! I cant be here 24/7

Davidking623

We do not recommend the use of PVC plastics for the storage of comic books or any other historic paper based material.

I'm already working on the press release:

(Headline) "Library of Congress Declares Comic Books Historic Documents"

Wertham will be spinning in his grave...

It looks to me like economo is doing his best to get this thread shut down. He appears to be hoping that his insulting posts will be pulled, causing most of the thread to disappear. Why would someone want that? Well, in this case, someone who didn't like the message of CGG using possibly damaging materials in their holder might feel it would be better if the posts were pulled and the thread was locked. Locked threads can't be resurrected and are doomed to drift down the pages into nonexistance. With enough insults, he might be able to achieve his goal.

Do your best to keep from taking his bait, guys.

-- Joanna

My pulse never went up a beat Joanna. Not a beat. 27_laughing.gif
Can you prove it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let me introduce you to my Freestyle Runners Heart Rate Monitor. Keeps middle aged runners from training themselves into a stroke.

hrm.jpg

Let me introduce you to my Freestyle Runners Heart Rate Monitor. Keeps middle aged runners from training themselves into a stroke.

hrm.jpg

How about a graphic showing the changes in the heart rate during the "heated" exchange! insane.gif

hrm.jpg

Ya know, that could be any kind of fetish equipment. I'm starting to side with Greggy on this. blush.gif