• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How crazy will the bidding be for the Superman #1, 4.5 blue in CLINK?

66 posts in this topic

from what I am told, the book was already pressed...spine roll too "deep" to remove any further (as in some roll has already been removed?)... the edge tears , spine wear, etc will keep this copy a 4.5 (thumbs u

wait, it's been pressed? are they disclosing that? the justice dept. needs to get involved if not.

a dab of glue is not "restoration" on a book like this (or any book IMO)...it can be safely removed and shouldn't affect the grade at all, which is why it is in a blue label...if it was "too" much glue to remove, or would affect grade if removed, likely would be in a purple label.... but common sense must be employed

good luck with that.

a dab of glue is not "restoration" on a book like this (or any book IMO)...it can be safely removed and shouldn't affect the grade at all, which is why it is in a blue label...if it was "too" much glue to remove, or would affect grade if removed, likely would be in a purple label.... but common sense must be employed

good luck with that.

well, one can hope, right (shrug)

The glue notation absolutely affects the price of that book...

:gossip:

Since it's up for auction, it would only affect the price if a potential winning bidder or underbidder dropped out. That is, if there are people who don't bid or who bid less but would never have bid at least as much as the winning bidder, then it doesn't matter.

After reading the rest of this thread, I've come away with one central theme:

Gator hungry for some Superman 1. :D

Best of luck, sir. I think Clark is right, the glue does effect the price of the book. :wishluck:

The glue notation absolutely affects the price of that book...

:gossip:

Since it's up for auction, it would only affect the price if a potential winning bidder or underbidder dropped out. That is, if there are people who don't bid or who bid less but would never have bid at least as much as the winning bidder, then it doesn't matter.

As a frequent underbidder, I now feel even less significant in the comic book market.

if i am reading between the lines correctly here, bidding would be futile.

Bidding is only futile if you are not the winning bidder.

and even then it's not futile if you make the no-good sumperson_without_enough_empathy that won a book with your name on it pay out the nose to snatch it from your hot little hands.

and even then it's not futile if you make the no-good sumperson_without_enough_empathy that won a book with your name on it pay out the nose to snatch it from your hot little hands.

That's right, time for some "Punishment Bidding!" :sumo:

That's right, time for some "Punishment Bidding!" :sumo:

MANNUP!!!!!

I always feel a strange sense of power as the underbidder. More than anyone else, the underbidder is the person setting the price of a book.

I've been the underbidder a few times lately on Ebay when bidding for mid-grade Captain Midnights.

So in a weird way, I am the person who is determining what the market price for those books really is. I always wonder what the books would have gone for without me bidding, and what I would have had to bid to actually win them.

Auctions are an interesting beast.

As a frequent underbidder, I now feel even less significant in the comic book market.