• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm curious, are you a stereotypical sports hating comic geek or ...

88 posts in this topic

I can watch football, dont like any team. I love baseball, always been a Mets fan. I also love watching the Phillies play, my dad used to take me to see Phillies games at the VET when I was a kid. Fond memories because of the Phils.

Love my Red Sox and baseball in general. Enjoy just about anything competitive and plenty of other things besides my dorky comic books.

BRK, you might want to check out Bryan Brown's work. I met him at the 09 Baltimore Con where he was hockin his indie book about his first MMA tournament. Thought it was pretty cool and he also does crazy monster sketches of MMA figures.

http://www.bryangbrown.com/

You'd never peg me for a comic geek, love NFL, fave team is Buffalo Bills, Yea, yea, heard it all before. Not really a baseball fan but if I had to pick it would be Boston Red Sox, a day at the Fenway is Awesome!!

Me and my troops at the UofO Duck game with New Mexico last Sept. My daughter played volleyball in HS. The older son was a wrestling state champion as a junior in the 3A division this past year, and also plays football. The younger son played football, basketball and wrestled this past year. It sounds like he will play soccer and wrestle next year as a freshman.

duckgame.jpg

I pretty much like college football and softball. I like wrestling and hockey at any level. I don't have much use for professional sports.

Huge Sports fan. Watching it and playing it. Football, Basket ball, combat sports.

I also do running/biking events and triathlons.

Oh and Aggiez.... Hookem!

emoticon-0172-mooning.gif

;)

I'm a big college FB fan. Watch as many games as I can during the year and follow the combine and draft afterwards. Bears fan on the pro side. I follow baseball, but not nearly as much as football

Football - Northwestern (college) & Bears (pro)

Baseball - Cubs

I'm a fair weather Bulls & Hawks fan

Me and my troops at the UofO Duck game with New Mexico last Sept. My daughter played volleyball in HS. The older son was a wrestling state champion as a junior in the 3A division this past year, and also plays football. The younger son played football, basketball and wrestled this past year. It sounds like he will play soccer and wrestle next year as a freshman.

duckgame.jpg

I pretty much like college football and softball. I like wrestling and hockey at any level. I don't have much use for professional sports.

Lets hope for another state champ from that pic Mike :wishluck:

I am a huge Tool.

I like the underdog scrubs teams mostly because sometimes you really get to see

the games with the most heart that way.

I love to see a huge underdog find a way to win or at least make it a good game.

86795.jpg

go pirates

I like my Red Sox, Patriots,Celtics and Bruins. In fact I love them just as much as comic books. With the pro sports team you have a new exciting season every year that keeps things interesting and evolving. Everywhere I went yesterday people were asking me the Bruins score and talking about the Bruins. I can`t remember anybody from mainstream asking me how the latest Grant Morrision comicbook read was.

It's amazing how many people have MMA as their favorite sport. For a sport that pretty much didnt exist to the general public 10 years ago, its crazy how many people have that listed as their favorite over football, basketball, baseball, etc.

When i was a freshman, my RA was good friends with Marc Kerr and he would be hanging out with him in our dorm at least 1 weekend every month. One time just screwing around, he grabbed me and put me in a full nelson and HOLY mess, that guy was stronger than an elephant! When he got a hold of you, no amount of strength i could muster would budge him a millimeter! :grin:

I am both a comic book nerd junkie, and crazy obsessed Chicago sports fan, NHL and NFL mostly, still love my Cubs even though they will suck to the day I day, and my Bulls to ever since theJordan era, even though I think the NBA is a joke anymore. In all honesty I`m a 50/50 split.

I did play sports from 4 yrs old till senior year off high school when I blew out my knee and broke my femur in a car accident, its one of the things I truly miss, but was gratefull to play.

I am both a comic book nerd junkie, and crazy obsessed Chicago sports fan, NHL and NFL mostly, still love my Cubs even though they will suck to the day I day, and my Bulls to ever since theJordan era, even though I think the NBA is a joke anymore. In all honesty I`m a 50/50 split.

I did play sports from 4 yrs old till senior year off high school when I blew out my knee and broke my femur in a car accident, its one of the things I truly miss, but was gratefull to play.

Hey, we Red Sox fans had to wait 86 years for our championship :D Hang in there. The Cubbies will make it one day. Unless of course they happen to match up against the BoSox. In that regard, I hope they get pounded into the ground :D

Hey, the Lions are making a strong comeback. At least, they are certain to make their presence felt. That Ndamukong Suh is a stud and a sure fire anchor for that defense in the years to come. I wish we had someone like that on the Pats.