• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the most undervalued BA book?

58 posts in this topic

I agree Astonishing Tales 25 is a classic BA book, and one I'm proud to have in my collection. Conan 1 just doesn't do anything for me, and a nicely-presenting WWBN 32 interests me much, much more as a future purchase. (thumbs u

Can we say that Conan the Barbarian #1 is probably one of the most undervalued BA comic book at the moment?

I think so.

Dom ;)

maybe but what about this?

Vampirella_Vol_1_1.jpg

Frazetta goodness! :cloud9:

No way is WWBN 32 undervalued IMO!

Yeah, the last sale ($777) was kind of low but it's 9.6 average sale since 2009 is over $1100. That's pretty pricey if you ask me. He does have a pretty big niche following but he's still a 2nd tier character at best. Definitely not undervalued if you ask me (shrug)

+1

I have zero interest in this book and charactor and as I build my bronze age key set....it will be a long long time before I consider adding this book :sick:

No love for Conan? Have you read them? If the genre is something you have any interest in (do you like Game of Thrones?) I have a tough time imagining you wouldn't like the first 100 issues of conan and the first 50-100 issues of Savage Sword. I haven't read them all, but what I have has been pretty good. Yes, a lot of folks jump off after BWS leaves Conan, sure, the art isn't "wow" anymore, but Big John Buscema did good work on conan in the 70's and I think Thomas continued scripting it for a long while.

Whether it's undervalued, I dunno. I haven't trie buying a nice VG/VG+ copy in a while, but I think I paid $15 for mine like 10 years ago. That seems pretty cheap for a big book like this even if there are badgillions of them out there.

I agree Astonishing Tales 25 is a classic BA book, and one I'm proud to have in my collection. Conan 1 just doesn't do anything for me, and a nicely-presenting WWBN 32 interests me much, much more as a future purchase. (thumbs u

Having all of them, I completely agree on AT 25, one of the few undervalued keys left in the bronze marvel universe. If they brought the character back to the spotlight in a great series or movie treatment, I could easily see the value explode.

In addition, his very concept was very futuristic and timely for the present.

Having all of them, I completely agree on AT 25, one of the few undervalued keys left in the bronze marvel universe. If they brought the character back to the spotlight in a great series or movie treatment, I could easily see the value explode.

In addition, his very concept was very futuristic and timely for the present.

I love AT25...have a copy in CGC 9.4...but I don't think the book has a ton of upside potential regardless of any re-release etc...just a cool second tier character and the book is plentiful even if currently a bit undervalued ...just my thoughts....

HOS 92, and SW 1. The character and story are begging for a big time movie treatment.

I agree with you, Star Wars #1 (in 9.8) is probably one of the most undervalued BA book at the moment. It is on my watch list. (thumbs u

HOS 92, and SW 1. The character and story are begging for a big time movie treatment.

I agree with you, Star Wars #1 (in 9.8) is probably one of the most undervalued BA book at the moment. It is on my watch list. (thumbs u

I have a SW #1 (9.8) that is going to be put up for sale asap if you are interested. (thumbs u

I have a SW #1 (9.8) that is going to be put up for sale asap if you are interested. (thumbs u

PM sent :cool:

Never have desired a Conan book, although I did buy a #37 on a fund raising auction here. It is the only Conan book I own.

Every time I think of Conan, I can't help but think of Schwarzenegger as Conan. It makes me chuckle.

As for Astonishing Tales 25, I have never read a story with that character in it. But I own a few #25's.

Never have desired a Conan book, although I did buy a #37 on a fund raising auction here. It is the only Conan book I own.

Every time I think of Conan, I can't help but think of Schwarzenegger as Conan. It makes me chuckle.

As for Astonishing Tales 25, I have never read a story with that character in it. But I own a few #25's.

1245401327_conan_the_barbarian.gif

DC Horror HoS 92,Bats 232 Come on The 1st Ras Al Ghul,the coolest Bat Villain since the Joker and he's only how much? Should be a bigger book in my opinion. (shrug)

Is there a high demand for Batman #232?

Just asking since I was never really tempted by new villains. Not a lot of 9.6 around, for sure.

Dom ;)

Sells very quickly priced right in all grades, slabbed or not. People hoard this great cover. Adams interior pencils throughout as a bonus!

I seem to be the only one not interested by the Batman #232 cover nor Ras Al Ghul. (shrug)

Really tempted by Conan #1 though. :)

Im a Bat collector, some may know. But I honestly never cared for the cover I have bought and sold about 8 or so now. This is the first time I dont have one in my collection and could care less.

On a side note I have never owned a HG 244, and that is my favorite cover in the Ra's storyline other than the tombstone cover.

Here's another classic cover from my previous post , my copy ...

168710_170878719625055_100001087832702_382940_833123_n.jpg

Cool cover, crappy character. I see alot of comparison of AT 25 and WWBN 32. The worst part of the 32 is that it is in WWBN 32 lol As far as character use, growth and fanbase.. WWBN 32 has ALOT more going for it then Deathlok. I know many of you dont read moderns, but Moon Knight has been floating his own books for a few years now and they are good.

Historic importance makes WWBN 32 my choice. And I like the cover as well.

Cool cover, crappy character. I see alot of comparison of AT 25 and WWBN 32. The worst part of the 32 is that it is in WWBN 32 lol As far as character use, growth and fanbase.. WWBN 32 has ALOT more going for it then Deathlok. I know many of you dont read moderns, but Moon Knight has been floating his own books for a few years now and they are good.

Historic importance makes WWBN 32 my choice. And I like the cover as well.

Oh, I prefer Moon Knight as a character and as reading material to Deathlok - I'd never claim otherwise.

Currently still working my way through my BA wants list, which includes a WWBN 32. I'm failing to pull the trigger on this one because it seems to present poorly in high grade, prone to spine tics even in 9.4, minor ones in 9.6, from what I've seen. Of course, wishing to purchase to keep it in my collection, rather than flip, leaves me hoping that many more copies are slabbed and this process eventually depresses the price and makes the book much more affordable for me; an obvious bias.

No question that WWBN 32 is a more important book than AT25. Moon Knight may be a 2nd tier character and probably always will be but Deathlok is like 5th tier if that! He had his 15 minutes of fame in the early 90's when that dang book even in mid grade would be on LCS walls for $100!

That being said, WWBN 32 still isnt under valued imo. It's a pretty pricey book! Outside of IH 181, Xmen 94 and GS Xmen1, its right up there as the most expensive BA Marvel book in HG. I dont see it having a ton of upside as an investment.

Thank you for your response guys.

Sorry, I was talking about the 9.6. Census shows 90 copies. I did not see a lot of white pages around (it may be just me).

9.6 prices were somewhat flat for the past years and I do not know why, my guts tell me price will pick-up for this grade. Maybe my former stock market trader instinct (that could misguide me). :whistle:

Dom :)

You're off by one grade. Investment potential for Conan 1 would probably start at 9.8. I've got a friend who still has the 10 raw copies he bought off the stands ( but he's hopelessly married to them lol ) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think that's the limiting factor. A common BA book with moderate demand, which the film is unlikely to increase significantly. (shrug)