• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I need HELP. SERIOUS HELP!

41 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I've been going thru a ton of personal issues these last few months,and haven't been around much. A failed relationship has pulled the rug out from under my feet. I've lost everything.We shared a car,hers from a previous marrage,so she has that.She kept the Apt we lived in, I lost my job because she was the one in charge of that too. I cannot find a job here in Delray Beach Fl,where i am staying with a friend.

Does anyone own a business?Or have a close friend that does? Anywhere in the US,and need me as an employee,and put me up to start off with so i can get back on my feet ASAP.

I will do any type of work,i'm a fast learner,and hard worker....

Please PM me with any help...ANY.

I'm almost out of money,and at wits end here.

Thank You.

Hi Folks,

I've been going thru a ton of personal issues these last few months,and haven't been around much. A failed relationship has pulled the rug out from under my feet. I've lost everything.We shared a car,hers from a previous marrage,so she has that.She kept the Apt we lived in, I lost my job because she was the one in charge of that too. I cannot find a job here in Delray Beach Fl,where i am staying with a friend.

Does anyone own a business?Or have a close friend that does? Anywhere in the US,and need me as an employee,and put me up to start off with so i can get back on my feet ASAP.

Thank You.

What type of work have you done in the past?

There is a thread in the Watercooler for people who are looking for work.

Link.

If you go through the thread, or just do a search in the thread using the key word Florida, maybe somebody is looking for an employee? You can also post what sort of job you are looking for in there.

Good luck!

:wishluck:

I know this isn't ideal, and it probably doesn't pay much of anything, but if you're really desperate, I believe Mile High Comics is hiring for part time packing, grading, sorting, etc... If anything, I think that would be a good job until you can find something more solid.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Being out of work is not a pleasant experience - having been made redundant last year I know first hand the difficulties faced. I managed to find a new job after 2 months, but on £10k less. Hard times - which makes me cringe with all the hot air MANNUP stuff in the golden age forum now.

Have any of you seen "The Company Men" ???

Anyway, take care, hope it works out soon

im really not trying to sound like a dchebag but if money has gotten to the point where your almost completely out have you tried something small time like mcdonalds etc?

Its at least a job and youll have some sort of money coming in.

What is your background so others can help better.

+1

I have a network in the Tampa area, but they will want to know this.

Let me know what I can do to help. We have a strong community here that has a reputation

of being golden in a time of need and I like being a part of that when I can.

Thanks for the replies Board Buddies. I will post my info in the water cooler thread as well.

A job like Mcdonalds will not help me start my life over,i need to get things rolling in a possitive way,McDonalds is not a possitive direction.

I need to do this right,1 time,now.

My paypal is shappell2929@hotmail.com if anyone can help in any way or sort.Any small way.

I sold all my private stash of books to deal with landlord lease breaking,lawyer issues,ect....so thats depleated now too. No collection. I will have to focus on me now,not comics for a short time.

Thanks

What is your background so others can help better.

+1

I have a network in the Tampa area, but they will want to know this.

Let me know what I can do to help. We have a strong community here that has a reputation

of being golden in a time of need and I like being a part of that when I can.

I've worked on Boats my whole life,on and off. I have a CPO Liscense for Swimming pools as well,to do commercial accounts. I'm smart,and pick up anyhting easy. I really would like to be a crew on a boat,or boat work/marina work but i'm open to anything!

Hi Folks,

Thank You.

I don`t know how old you are, but ever think about going back with your parents temporarily ?

Sometimes it`s good to take a step back so you can step forward.

Good luck and keep us posted.I hope something comes up for you. :wishluck:

Jobs working as personal attendants for adults with special needs are often plentiful. I did this type of work when I first graduated from High School several years ago. I have a family member who requires personal attendants and know it is always a struggle to find people who will do it. I believe the only qualifications are High School diploma and CPR certification. (CPR certification can be done at time of hiring).

If you'd be open to working with adults with serious disabilities, you can PM me and I'll try to help you find more information. I do not work in this field, but I may be able to point you in the right direction.

I was out of work when I was 21 years old. I ended up taking a door to door sales job which brought in a few bucks until I was able to get back into the automotive industry.

Sometimes you just take what you can get rather than live in the street.

I was out of work when I was 21 years old. I ended up taking a door to door sales job which brought in a few bucks until I was able to get back into the automotive industry.

Sometimes you just take what you can get rather than live in the street.

You got that right! Among my many, many jobs are carnival worker (one long weekend when they were set up for a two week stint in town), desk clerk at a hot sheets motel ( :o ), and catering wait staff.