• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ethical" Dilemma -- Nothing to do with Little Old Ladies and Action Comics # 1.

38 posts in this topic

Just move them to the other wall and mark them sold

Mark them Sale pending, then leave them up indefinitely. Confound and titillate your guests to no end. (thumbs u

"I was confounded and yet titilated by my last visit. Did you know he had Golden Age comic books with Sale Pending in his guest room? In his guest room? I say man, you have got one admirable niche if able to sell old comic books from a guest room."

I have an "ethical" dilemma regarding comic books, but it has nothing to do with buying comics from someone who does not know their value.

I display framed color photo-copies of notable comics I own in my guest room. I just sold one of these comics, but I still, of course, have the framed photo copy. So the question becomes...is it ethical to continue to hang the photo copy? Or is it, in a sense, false advertising to all my guests that I own a comic that I no longer own?

And if it is not unethical (or more likely tacky) to display a photocopy of a comic I no longer own, is there any problem then with displaying photo copies of comics that I never owned? (Of Mega Keys for example).

I'm a bit torn on this myself and welcome any viewpoints.

I used to have the same dilemma at one time. Not about comics but about how seriously you need to take things.

:roflmao:

:shy:

I have an "ethical" dilemma regarding comic books, but it has nothing to do with buying comics from someone who does not know their value.

I display framed color photo-copies of notable comics I own in my guest room. I just sold one of these comics, but I still, of course, have the framed photo copy. So the question becomes...is it ethical to continue to hang the photo copy? Or is it, in a sense, false advertising to all my guests that I own a comic that I no longer own?

And if it is not unethical (or more likely tacky) to display a photocopy of a comic I no longer own, is there any problem then with displaying photo copies of comics that I never owned? (Of Mega Keys for example).

You life must be *spooning* amazing if this what you're worried about! :baiting:

+1,000,000

This thread confuses me ???

How many of your guests would know the difference between a Detective 1 and a Daredevil 220?

If they did know the diff, and they were your guests, they would probably be relatively up on your current collection. If they did not, then how are you fooling them?

If Roy`s navel-gazing sensei ever started a thread, it would be just like this one.

Better than being an insensitive elitist dork.

:slapfight:

A photograph is worth a thousand words. You have a piece of your history on your wall. Do not put it away just because you no longer have the subject of that photo.

My parents are both gone but I still have their photos hanging on my wall. Many photos that remind me of my past are still around to be seen by all. They are happy memories for me.

You may have some guest ask "what is that picture about?" and you can then tell the story of how you got it and then later sold it.

If I found a reproduction of a cool comic cover, I would hang it on my wall too. I think the only way it would be unethical is to tell your guests "yeah, I own a few copies of that one".

Well, you can forget about getting into heaven when you die if you leave that photo up! That's for sure!

Nah, no worries I'd say... appreciate them as art pieces and cool decor items. False advertising? No chance! Your friends and guests certainly understand your affinity to the hobby, it's what you like -- which is what this hobby is all about! :grin:

Rock ON! :headbang:

It's ethical as long as you disclose to your guests. ;)