• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your three current favourite comics

182 posts in this topic

My tiny brain is aching from all the man-upmanship been going on way too long in this vicinity recently.

I yearn for days gone by, when collectors shared pretty pictures and said deep, sincere and meaningful things like "Oooh, very nice!" and "Wow! Great cover!" when really pushed for an original insight.

I'm also fairly bored, so how's about showing your three current favourite books? The only condition is they have to be in your collection!

Repeat after me, "God is great, but Gator is greater!" Now say it really fast! (...what's that? Blasphemy you say? Nay, I say thee, nay and thrice nay! I happen to have it on ultimate authority that thanks to a deal Gator struck with the Might Thor, comics are now on sale in Asgard! Before you know it there'll be branches all Oa!)

So here's my first pick, from the great one himself (- that's Gator, not God, in case you were wondering!)

PlanetComics1080NicolasCage-2.jpg

"Wild again! A child again! A whimpering, simpering..!"

O. Ahem. There you are!

I is just warbling to myself while waiting for someone to NOTICE THIS THREAD!

Where'd everybody go, huh? Huh?

What?

What do you mean, "Mitch Mehdy drove everyone into Catalepsy?"

What kind of a name for a town is that? Eh? It's a what? Another name for an arrested development?

Oh... I get it! (A wise guy huh?)

Anyways...here's my second choice....

Always wanted a copy of this one with nice colors, finally found one. We're deeply, deeply in love...

PlanetComics3275.jpg

By all accounts this is not the rarest Arrow cover by a long way. But it's all relative and I confess that until this one turned up I'd never even seen one before - hadnt even noticed it if the photojournal. So it was a complete surprise to me, which in these days of over-exposure is in itself something to treasure!

Just love the "Lost Horizon" overtones!

funnypages35.jpg

My tiny brain is aching from all the man-upmanship been going on way too long in this vicinity recently.

I yearn for days gone by, when collectors shared pretty pictures and said deep, sincere and meaningful things like "Oooh, very nice!" and "Wow! Great cover!" when really pushed for an original insight.

I'm also fairly bored, so how's about showing your three current favourite books? The only condition is they have to be in your collection!

+1. Nice thread, Alanna. I'll have to wait until I get home to post mine. (thumbs u

I'd be hard pressed to come up with three favs. I don't even know where I'd start.

I say post your Startling 49 Cheetah ... it's one of my favorites! (thumbs u Then you only have two to go :)